Chapter Fifteen

Rey awoke to find herself in a large room which she had never seen before. For a brief moment she wondered wildly where she was when the door opened and Maz came in.

"Maz... Maz thank goodness" she sat up in relief. "Where am I? What happened? How did you get here?"

"It's ok my dear, I arrived very late in the evening, you were asleep when I arrived"

"Asleep?... But... Oh, I remember now" she fell back into the large bed and even larger pillows and blanket, it was as if she was laying in a cloud.

"What you did was most foolish"

"I know"

"I won't lecture you further, I can see you are already punishing yourself mentally"

Maz left the room. Rey looked around the room with restless eyes. Now that she has remembered what had happened the fatigue, misery, the journey, the feeling of being cold, soaked and dishevelled making her way here. Then... then coming back clearer than it had the night before as she was announced to Lord Solo and his friends.

Rey suspects she will never forget the unique beauty of the woman touching his thigh. She can still see the wide-set lightly coloured eyes, the enticing sound of her laughter. Rey took a deep breath. She now remembers who that woman was. Lady Phasma, she had met her for the briefest moment when Lord Solo first appeared at her home in Jakku. It was understandable how her beauty made her the toast of Coruscant. She shivered and suddenly felt cold; turning over hide her face in the pillow. Why not be honest with herself, admit that she too is jealous, madly and undeniably jealous. Rey loved Ben and he... he has a thing for Lady Phasma.

Maz returned to help her dress and deliver a message. "His Lordship kindly requests your presence when you are ready in the drawing room"

Rey had never dressed so quickly, thankfully Maz had brought her spare clothing that wasn't difficult to get on. She quickly glanced at the clock seeing the time of 11am. Wow, had she truly slept for such a long time? Not letting her thoughts hinder her, she finished dressing and raced out of the room and down the stairs.

A footman had flung the door open and Lord Solo stood as she entered. His arm is still in a sling be he still looked incredibly immaculate.

"You look well, I was worried you were gravely ill last night"

"I apologise for my sudden appearance" she tried to keep her voice steady and even but came out faint at best.

"You should not apologise for an amazing feat of you getting here. Are you truly well?"

Rey struggled to look at him while he spoke. Her heart was beating so loudly she feared he could hear it and know her secret. She spoke slowly and with a distinct coldness. Trying to separate her emotions now was not the time to have a break down over Lady Phasma whom clearly caught his interest and to never, ever humiliate herself further in front of him.

"Please sit Rey" he asked and paused before sitting " I wish to speak with you"

She followed his request and sat stiffy in a single chair with perfect posture and her best game face. She dared a quick glance at his face and found a slight smirk curling on the sides of his lips. What's so funny? However when he spoke his voice did not match his semi amused expression.

"Rey, while I appreciate your daring action to come to my side last night. I have been told my valet who is a very excitable and young fellow rushed to Naboo and gave you the incorrect information. She saw me fall from shot fired by Lord Snoke. The blast caught me and the bullet itself grazed me. Shame he could not wait a mere few moments for me to get up before sharing information"

"It is a cowardice action... What happened to Lord Snoke?" she asked but still couldn't prevent a fully body shiver.

"He has fled the planet last I heard. If he returns, he will be punished severely"

"While I am sad, he hasn't been caught, I am glad if he returns, he will be punished"

"He will not hurt you again, unfortunately the consequences of his crime are creating great gossip"

"How do you mean?"

"I mean, between Lord Snokes cowardly action and my footmen's lack of patience lead to the circumstances of you so courageously journeying here. A brave action don't get me wrong and one I appreciate with great happiness. At the same time, you forget I am a bachelor" he paused momentarily to let the point sink in judging by her confused facial expression she didn't get it. "You stayed here last night, no other arrangements could be made, I was also entertaining some friends. The story of your arrival and how you came to be here unchaperoned will be the talk of the town. It is impossible as you know to prevent others from gossiping"

"Are you saying I shouldn't have come?"

"Heavens no, I am trying to say that your actions mean we need to move more swiftly than we have been these past weeks. What I am trying to say is; it's time we settle our lives, yours and mine"

"I don't understand"

"I have made arrangements for our marriage to take place immediately"

Rey sprang quickly to her feed. All colour leaving her face. Lord Solo also stood up and grabbed her hand.

"I have the greatest honour to ask you to become my wife"

For a moment her body shook in surprise and she quickly snatched her hand back. If she thought her heart was racing before it was even more so now. She chanced another glance at him and could see the impatience slowly creeping into his countenance.

"Your wife? No, aha, no sorry I cannot; I mean I will not allow you to marry me out of a sense of duty" before she could gage his reaction he turned and made his way to big windows over looking the street.

"Come here Rey"

"No"

"You are going to have to swear to obey me when we marry. You may as well start now, come here"

Rey reluctantly follows his instruction finding it easier if she doesn't resist. "But why?" she whines. When she arrives at the window and looks outside.

"What do you see?" he asks.

"I see the famous Lady Phasma"

"You see my good friend Lord Hux handing her into a speeder, which he bought her, which will take her to a charming house in Cantonica, which he also bought her. Where later no doubt he will also join her, as he does most days and nights. Unless of course he happens to be taking her out to visit old friends"

"But I thought she was..."

"No, she hasn't been for some time. Especially since I met you" he grabs her shoulders gently and turns her to face him. "Now will you marry me?" Rey could see the honesty in his eyes and genuine hope she would say yes.

Rey nods with a smile, too speechless to utter a confirmation. He smiles in return and it was unlike she had ever seen him express before. It was so pure and innocent like the weight of the world was off his shoulders. He kisses her forehead happiness.

"We shall me married in the private chapel in Naboo, you can go ahead and make the arrangements. I will stay here and arrange a license then follow you"

Rey nodded still shocked and utterly ecstatic her feeling were returned rushed off to her room to inform Maz of the news and pack.