Chapter Three

Rey's nerves had been on edge since finding out she lost her father and her freedom in one day. 10 days since her new owner has not bothered to show up and stake his claim. Her entire life she has known exactly what she is doing every day; this hasn't really changed but she knows it will end and she will be thrust into a new routine unknowing what will be made of her. Not that she would ever tell her cousin but she is also curious of the person whom now controls her life. Poe tells her these horrid stories that surround him but she cannot help feel he biased as his love interest is currently infatuated with Lord Solo. How can a person think so low of the feelings of others? Surely, he must be mistaken. Then again her cousin isn't one for telling tall tales in seriousness. She decided when she meets him, whenever that is to not let the reckless thoughts of others influence her opinion of him. Nonetheless she will urge on the side of caution just in case. These were on a continual loop keeping her from fully resting at night when one should be. When sleep finally did catch her she was suddenly awoken but a panicked Maz.

"What on earth is the matter?" I mumble still wishing to return to the land of dreams.

"My lady, Lord Solo has finally come. He has brought friends" she says pushing me out of bed and dressing me. It takes me a moment but I finally absorb her words and adrenaline fills my body.

"Oh goodness. I have mentally prepared for this day. I thought I would be notified of his presence first to prepare my speech. To be blindsided in such a fashion is rather aggravating."

"You have time to prepare. You have 2 minutes till we walk down the stairs and enter the drawing room"

"Thank you for that" I respond sarcastically. We hurriedly walk down the stairs trying not keep the unexpected guests waiting.

I enter the drawing room to find two men and two woman. The men and a rather tall blonde woman stand and bow upon my entrance. The fourth guest turns her head and holds me in guarded stare. She appeared neither hostile nor friendly, Lady Finn I presume. I am pulled from my thoughts by a cough. Oh yes, I should get this over and done with.

"Which of you gentlemen is Lord Solo" the tallest and most intimidating man steps forward.

Upon inspection he is very handsome and she now understands why the women flock to him. He is very tall and not as old as she expected him to be but still a great many years older than herself. His has a fair complexion opposite to her own with luscious dark hair that falls to his shoulders and appearing perfectly styled in waves. His dark eyes capture her attention the most. They are so deep and filled with such closely guarded emotion you can see the war going. A war of what she does not know but is somehow drawn in to find out. As soon as she saw this conflict it was gone in a moment and pure indifference masked his face. Rey is pulled from her thoughts by a deep voice that causes a slight tremor to fill her body.

"I am, Miss Kenobi"

"I see. To what do I owe the pleasure, my lord?" I hear a scoff and I look over his shoulder to the seated lady.

"He may do as he wishes. Whom are you to question it?" she states.

"Is this how you treat are generous host, Lady Finn. I am greatly disappointed" the red haired gentlemen chides. "Since my dear friend here has forgotten all sense of manners in the presence of such a beautiful lady let me introduce to you are party"

"Lord Solo, you have just met. The lady standing beside me is Lady Phasma and the person sitting is Lady Finn. A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance" he approaches and takes my hand to leave a quick kiss and quickly returning to Lady Phasma's side.

"Lady Finn, I have heard so many good things about you from my cousin Poe Dameron. I am most delighted to have finally met you" to this this statement she instantly perks up and gives off a much friendlier countenance.