Emitting an audible sigh, the ravenette stood up, turning on the silent mode of his phone before slipping it inside his pocket. His boss did not like getting disturbed in the middle of important meetings.

With a scowl on his face, Jungkook trudged to the meeting room, his friend following closely behind.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Parking his car in front of his house, Jimin rushed out, stumbling on the way to the front door. Somehow, he couldn't shake off the bizarre feeling. The feeling of being watched.

Fiddling with the keys, he struggled to even insert the key inside the keyhole, hands unsteady like his heavy legs. Once the door was open, he was quick to scurry inside. Slamming the door shut, he leaned against it, sliding down and dropping to the floor as if his legs could no longer hold his weight.

His breathing was still laboured, almost hyperventilating. He shook his head in a hopeless attempt to remove the image inside his head. It was all too much for him. It was excruciating. He was terrified. And it was so severe that even the slightest noise made him jump in fear.

Gulping down the lump in his throat, he pulled out his phone, trembling fingers clicking on his husband's contact.

Beep–beep  Beep-beep  Beep-beep–

The number you have dialled is not answering, please call again later.

Shutting his eyes in frustration, but somehow being still hopeful, Jimin called him again.

Please pick up the call, Jungkook...

Beep–beep  Beep-beep  Beep-beep–

The number you have dialled is not–

Where are you, Jungkook? Please pick up, please. I need you...

Jimin could only cry at this point. He must have called the younger at least 10 minutes, his every attempt fruitless. He couldn't tolerate this alone. Everything was disheartening him to the core. He would've destroyed his phone by now if it weren't for the only hope left before him.

The only person who knows what happened two years ago other than him and Jungkook.

Wiping his tears, the blond-haired male didn't hesitate to call his best friend.

Please pick up...

"Hello?"

"Tae!" The smaller cried out, provoking instant concern from the other end.

"Jimin? Are you crying?? What happened?" Panic was evident in his voice, concern sparking at the tip of his fingers.

"Tae, can you co-come over plea–se? I need you, please." He spoke between his broken sobs. The tone of his voice was so feeble that it broke Taehyung's heart.

"Jimin, where's Jungkook?"

"He isn't receiving my calls, Tae. Please come over, I– I'm scared."

"O- Okay, I'll be there in 10" Shakily, the taller whispered before hanging up.

His phone slipped out of his hands as soon as the call ended. His body ached with fear, every limb felt too heavy to hold even a feather. Jimin brought his trembling legs up to his chest, before burying his face between his knees as he wept into them. He wanted to hide, he wanted to disappear. Anything that could aid the barbaric cries of his heart.

Almost after 10 minutes, there was a knock on the door. Jimin could hear a panicked voice calling his name from outside. As soon as he opened the door, he latched himself to the taller.

"J– Jimin? What happened? You're scaring me, please say something." Taehyung's worry was apparent, and it only worsened when the smaller refused to answer him, choosing to bury his face in the crook of his neck as if he wanted to hide.

Supporting the smaller's waist, Taehyung guided him to the couch in the living room, keeping him close to his side even after settling down.

Seeing Jimin seemingly calmer now, Taehyung couldn't help but question his worries yet again, this time hoping Jimin was willing to talk. "Chim, what's wrong? What happened?"

Peering past his wet lashes, the said male took a shaky breath before answering. "Tae, I... I saw him..."

The confusion in his mind resulted in tiny creases on his forehead. "Whom did you see, Chim?"

"M– Minho."

"What?" Disbelief was apparent in his weak whisper. Taehyung couldn't believe it.

No way...

"Chim!" Perplexed, Taehyung grabbed the smaller's shoulders to catch his attention. "Chim, h-how is that even possible?"

"I don't know, Tae! I know nothing! I saw him, he was so close to me. I– I was so scared, Tae. He was s–smiling at me, and I–"

"That's not possible, Chim. He... He can't come again, okay?"

"Tae, why won't you believe me? I'm telling you, I saw him!"

"Jimin, I... I'm sure you saw someone else and misunderstood. Yeah, this has to b–"

Unexpectedly, Taehyung was cut off by a loud banging at the door.

-to be continued

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Edit : I'm sorry, many inline comments are lost as I'm editing this book. You can still find them in the main comment section!