Chapter 4: Ticket to Auradon Prep

"You know Doug, I wouldn't be surprised if the villains reproduced," A girl with dark haired chuckled as she glanced at her two friends, one adjusting his glasses, the other focused on a particular villain's statue.

"I would suppose they did, Lonnie. I heard that the population's gone up exponentially over there. I sincerely hope there is no child of the Evil Queen with intentions of destroying my family. But, I can't make judgements based on fear as scary as the villians probably are," the boy shuddered, wiping the lenses of his glasses. 

Lonnie laughed at the boy, finding his concern silly. "How would they escape?" She questioned, Doug shrugging and sliding the glasses back on his face.

"I'd prefer not to think about any of them escaping," Doug mentioned before he looked back to where the rest of their class had been. "We should get going, Ben." He suggested to the young Prince.

Lonnie looked back to where the class had turned and nodded her head. "Yeah, it's a little creepy with all these statues."

Starting on their way, Doug took Ben's arm, the prince snapping out of his thoughts. Staring at the statue of Maleficent, something was oddly too familiar about her. It's like he had seen a younger version in a dream of some sort.

Just without the horns. In his dreams, she had a vibrant violet head of untamed hair. She was quite the beauty, so he may say. He turned to his friend and let Doug lead him away.

"What's gotten into you? You've been doing that a lot lately," Doug hissed at Ben as they walked out of the villains hall. Lonnie had long left the room, presumably catching up with the rest of the class.

"It's just weird. I think a teenage Maleficent has been in my dreams," Ben admitted, his voice low. If anyone outside of his two friends knew about this, he'd surely be mocked for the rest of his upcoming reign as King.

"Toasters and coasters?!" Doug exclaimed, his voice gaining volume. "You're going mad, Ben!"

Ben shook his head, knowing that he shouldn't have said it at the Museum of Auradon History while other patrons would be around. The people around looked their way, a few of them pointing at him in acknowledgement to his status.

"Dude, I know. Just—I'll explain later. I mean as long as we don't get detention for veering off the tour," Ben said in a low whisper, the two of them finding their way around to the stairwell.

As they raced down the flight of steps, they turned the corner sharply, failing to notice the girl who was turning toward them. Bumping into each other, Ben and Doug knocked heads, the girl falling to her feet.

Suddenly, the two boys frantically offered to help her up, unaware of her stark difference to most Auradon citizens. "I'm so sorry," Doug began to ramble. "We were in a little rush and we truly didn't mean to hurt you. Do you need an escort? Are you okay? Do you know how many fingers I'm holding up?" He placed his three fingers in her face and she replied with a frown, gently pushing his hand away.

As she ignored his question, the boy on the right caught her eye instead. A crown. A blue tailored suit. Golden hair. A dazzling smile.

Fluffing her loose curls, Evie plastered an equally dazzling smile on her face. "I'm okay," she replied in a soft and smooth tone. "You're Prince Ben aren't you?"

Ben chuckled and smiled, finding immediate sweetness in the girl before his eyes. "I am and I'm glad you're okay. Would you like any type of settlement? You could have gotten hurt," he said.

Doug, standing on the side of Ben, was finding the situation quite interesting. The girl looked awfully different compared to any other girl from Auradon, but in a fascinating way. Her blue hair was fitting, she had the most perfect smile and her eyes sparkled at every angle. She was absolutely gorgeous. She had to be a Princess. Or maybe a Punk Princess. No Auradon Princess would carry a red box as a purse or dress as edgy as she did.