𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE SEWERS WERE DARK. That much, Aeryn knows. She tightly held onto the bag where the child was, eager to protect it no matter what happens.

It was what Din wanted and she would do anything to fulfill that.

Din.

Aeryn couldn't help but worry about the Mandalorian who she regretfully left in the common house. She bit her lower lip, anxious of how he was doing.

The last thing she ever wanted was for Din to die and right now, she couldn't be sure. Aeryn trusted IG-11 but the only time she would feel relieved was when she sees Din with her own eyes.

When she sees him alive.

Suddenly, a loud thud from behind the group boomed through the air.

The three of them immediately turned around to see what it was.

Cara, who was walking in between Greef and Aeryn, pointed the flashlight she was carrying at the direction of the sound.

It was the only thing that gave them light.

Aeryn held the bag closer to her chest as she observed her surroundings. Her eyes squinted, eager to see what was coming out from the corner of the sewer.

IG-11 and Din.

"Din," Aeryn let out a sigh of relief at the sight of the two.

Din, on the other hand, also felt relieved the moment he saw the familiar violet-eyed girl. The light from his helmet was directly pointed at Aeryn as he looked straight into her eyes.

Aeryn rushed to where Din stood, a large smile visible on her face. The moment she was close enough, she handed IG-11 the bag where the child was and engulfed Din into her arms.

She held him close to her as if it was the last she ever will. And though he was still in a weak state, Din placed his left hand onto Aeryn's back, returning the hug.

Aeryn buried her face on the crook of Din's neck and didn't intend to let go. The Mandalorian closed his eyes, cherishing every single bit of this moment.

"You're safe." Aeryn whispered to him, her voice almost cracking.

"I told you our paths will cross again." Mando replied as he continued holding onto her. "And it always will. No matter what happens."

The pair stayed like that for a while before Mando lost his balance for a brief moment.

Aeryn immediately broke from the hug and placed Mando's right arm over her neck. Cara, who was admiring the scene before, quickly went to Mando's other side, supporting him as well.

"We got you." Cara assured him and with that, they all continued walking through the sewers.

The group all walked through the sewers with Cara, Mando, and Aeryn leading the way. IG-11 and Greef followed behind.

"Do you know which way to go?" Greef asked as he made his way in front of Mando.

There were a lot of visible passage ways surrounding them. It was almost impossible to choose the right one. Aeryn thought that if they found the right one, they'd be extremely lucky.