𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

AERYN, MANDO, CARA, AND THE CHILD all sat on one table. The rest of them were sipping a cup of warm bone broth except for Mando.

"Saw most of my action mopping up after Endor, mostly ex-Imperial warlords. They wanted it fast and quiet. They'd send us in on the drop ships. No support, just us." Cara's eyes shifted from Mando to Aeryn.

"Just you and your troops?" Aeryn asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes and when the Imps were gone, the politics started. We were peacekeepers, protecting delegates, suppressing riots. Not what I signed up for." she answered.

"I think you're a nice person with a good goal and moral." Aeryn told her which made Cara smile.

"Where'd you find a girl like this?" Cara asked Mando as she chuckled at her own joke.

Aeryn knew that Cara was a good person. If she wasn't, she would've killed them ready. To Aeryn, Cara was someone that could earn her trust. She could be a great friend.

Mando thought the same too but with Aeryn and the child under his care, he knew he couldn't take any chances. Right now, it was only Aeryn whom he trusts.

"How'd you end up here?" Mando asked Cara as she sat in front of him.

"Let's just call it an early retirement." Cara took a sip from her broth. "Look, I knew you were Guild. I figured you had a fob on me. That's why I came at you so hard." she explained, leaning closer on the table.

"Yeah, that's what I figured."

"Well, this has been a real treat." Cara got up from her seat and looked at the pair. "But unless you wanna go another round, one of us is gonna have to move on, and I was here first." she continued and with that, left.

Aeryn's eyes met Mando's beskar helmet, worried. Mando was looking at her too.

"Well, looks like this planet's taken." Mando sighed, standing up from his seat. Aeryn took the child into her arms and caressed its head.

"What do we do now?" Aeryn asked and Mando paused at her question.

"We leave."

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

IT WAS NOW DARK. The moment they were back at the ship, the sun had already gone. The only thing giving them light were the stars above them.

Aeryn stood in front of the ship with the child in her arms, watching Mando do repairs on the ship before they leave.

Even though she wanted to help, she decided it would be safer for the ship this way. After all, the last time she tried to fix a ship, it went down.

"You sure there's nothing easy I can help with?" Aeryn asked.

"You already are." Mando replied and Aeryn smiled at his answer. The child in her arms cooed as it watched her smile.

"You know, you're really not that bad." Aeryn spoke, keeping her eyes at the back of Mando. He was now heading to another part of the ship.

"I'm...flattered." he was unsure of what to reply which made Aeryn smile. Mando seemed like he wasn't used to getting compliments. Heck, that wasn't even a clear compliment.