𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE VIOLET-EYED GIRL was haunted at the sight of Din lying a few feet away on the ground, hurt.

Aeryn was, once again, scared. It was the same fear she felt back when Fennec Shand shot Din but this time, it was worse.

"Aeryn, let's get him." Cara told Aeryn, letting go of the rifle blaster.

Aeryn nodded and with that, they both rushed out of the common house.

Greef Karga and IG-11, along with the child, were both standing near the safe house's door. They gave Cara and Aeryn cover as the two headed for Din.

"Din..." Aeryn whispered, examining Din's state. "You take his other arm." she instructed Cara who stood beside her.

The two fighters let out grunts as they both carried Din, dragging him back into the common house. Greef and IG-11 provided them cover and followed right behind.

"Stay with me, buddy. We're gonna get you outta here." Cara breathed out as they dragged Din to a safe space.

Greef Karga, then, turned to face IG-11.

"This is our only way out. Can you clear it?" Greef asked the IG unit, pointing at the grate of the vent.

IG-11 nodded, heading for the vent's grate with the child in its arms.

An immense feeling of fear flooded Aeryn's chest as she knelt on Mando's side, her eyes fixated on his weak body. Cara knelt close to Aeryn.

"Stay with me." Aeryn whispered to Mando, placing her right hand over his arm.

"If you go near this Child, I will have no choice but to kill you." IG-11 warned Greef as it placed the child down.

"I understand. So, can you do anything to move the grate?!"

"Yes, of course." IG-11 answered and started working on the grate.

"Oh, I love IG units." Greef remarked, standing guard near the door. "Can someone else join me guard the door?"

"I'll do it." Cara answered. She turned her eyes to Aeryn who was also looking at her. "Take care of him."

Aeryn nodded and with that, Cara rushed to where Greef was.

The moment Aeryn's attention landed on Din, she saw that he was already looking at her. She slowly reached for Din's neck, supporting his head.

"I'm not gonna make it. Go." Din's voice was weak.

"No. We're gonna leave this place together. You'll be fine." Aeryn answered, giving Din a small, reassuting smile.

When she slowly let go of Din's neck, the fear she was feeling became worse. There was blood trickling down her fingers.

It wasn't her blood. It was Din's.

Aeryn's lips quivered at the sight. She felt weak and vulnerable to think that Din, who she had just found, might be leaving her soon. She refused for that to happen.

Aeryn turned to look back at Din, trying her best to hide the fear that was enveloping her.

"Leave me." Din struggled to mutter his words, his voice gradually losing its strength.