Epilogue

"And that's our story up until the time when our powers became common knowledge," Elijah said. "Your turn, now, Ashlyn."

Ashlyn was supposed to finish the story. "The rest," she said, "is history. In the five years since then, the rest of us have finished high school, some of us have graduated college, we've been able to use our powers for good. Phoenix and Vera have children that have his powers, and the rest of us will eventually have kids. Even Ollie; he's working on that now."

She smiled at Anthony; he was watching her talk, but they weren't dating yet. She wanted to ask him soon.

She continued. "As I mentioned, we can use our powers for good. We protect people, handle dangerous people, and other things. Of course, we can pick and chose what we use our powers for. And, unfortunately, we won't be able to do it so well if there will be other people with these powers."

She thought for a moment, then remembered her lines. "Of course, that brings me to my next thing. Since our powers are so rare, we have to wear special necklaces, so that you know when you see us that we have powers."

She looked at the others. They were all looking at their necklaces. At least they were pretty, she figured.

She turned back to the cameras. "Scientists have looked at why our parents didn't get the powers, and decided that it's a dominant gene. Our parents didn't have it in the first place; they ended up still having the recessive gene. Only one parent even carried the gene, so only one child of each set of siblings ended up with the powers." She shrugged. "We drew the short straws, I guess. Or the long ones, depending on how you want to think of it."

She chuckled. "Anyway," she finished. "That's about it. All in all, I think that life ended up working pretty well for the Bluejays."

***