None

The same thing basically happens each time, so I'll just put the rest of these into one chapter.

***

Emily got into her car. Her other two kids who lived with her got in, and she smiled at them. She had another child, who lived independently. But the twins were only sixteen.

She did have another, and that was who she was going to get.

His name was Oliver, his friends called him Ollie, he played the saxophone, he was smart and very energetic. He had a sharp tongue sometimes, but was overall a joy to be around.

She was excited to get to meet him.

_

She reached the house, and went up to it, telling the twins to stay. A man opened the door when she knocked, and smiled.

"Hey," he said. "My name is Asher, and I've raised the children. Are you Oliver's mom?"

"Yes," Emily replied.

"Then come in!" Asher said, and she stepped into the house.

Asher walked away, and returned with three teens. One girl, and two boys. Both boys carried luggage, and one, with blond hair and freckles, much like Emily, had an instrument case.

The blond looked at her. "You're my mother, apparently," he said.

"Yes," she replied. "I am."

He looked around. "I was told I had siblings," he said slowly, and the girl wrapped her arms around his neck from behind.

Oliver chuckled. "I know," he said, pouting at her. "You're like my family."

"Thank you," she said, stepping back.

"One sibling has moved out for college," Emily said. "The other two are in the car."

"Oh, okay," he said. "Let's go, then."

He, Emily, and the other boy walked to the car. The boys put their things in the trunk, and Oliver turned to the other. "Thanks for helping me with my luggage, Elijah," he said, and Elijah nodded. 

"Happy to help," he said.

Oliver turned to Emily. "I'm going to say bye to Ashlyn, then I'll be back," he said.

Emily noticed the other boy watching him sadly, then he sighed and headed back to the house. She wondered if he was wishing to be in Oliver's position.

_

He was, in fact, wishing it was him going home. And so, he was ecstatic when that day arrived.

He grabbed his cello case, and the smaller suitcase. Ashlyn carried the larger suitcase.

"Are you excited?" she asked, and he nodded.

"Yeah, but it sucks that you have to wait."

"It does," she said, sighing. "I'll be all alone. But, it's fine. It's less than a year."

Elijah nodded. "Well, let's go," he said.

_

The two of them went with Asher to the front room, and saw Elijah's dad standing there, waiting. There was a young woman with him.

"Hi," his dad said, smiling. "This is your older sister, Miley. She's nineteen, preparing to move out. I'm excited to meet you!"

"Hi," Elijah said. "Um, so you know stuff about me. I don't think there's anything really that I need to say, other than I've really been looking forward to this. Let's go home?"

"Okay," his dad said, smiling at him. "Let's go."

Elijah turned to Ashlyn. "Help me?" he asked.

She nodded. "Yeah," she whispered.

They put Elijah's things in the car, and Ashlyn wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her back, and she closed her eyes, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Bye, Ashy," Elijah whispered.

"Yeah, bye," she replied, and he could hear the tears in her voice.

Then, he got in the car, and they left, with him watching over his shoulder as she hugged herself and went back into the house.

_

Ruby eagerly prepared to meet her daughter. She was so excited. No matter how many people said that they may not get along, she was convinced they would.

Ashlyn sounded like someone she would like. She was apparently the spitting image of Ruby, eye mutation and all. She was nice, a bit shy, but she opened up more around people she knew or could relate to. She played the flute, and was academically gifted, so she would do well in school.

Ruby finished her makeup and smiled, then went to the living room, where her husband waited with their only other child. The child was Reggie, and her husband was Hayden.

"Hi love," Hayden said, walking up to her. He wrapped an arm around her waist, and Reggie followed them to the car.

Reggie was perhaps young to have a fifteen-year-old sister, but they had had a bit of trouble getting him. Still, they had found out they would have another child five years previous, and were excited.

Now, Ruby felt that same excitement about Ashlyn. Even though she was fifteen, they'd never met her. It felt like getting to meet their child for the first time.

They found the house, and Hayden carried Reggie to the door, while Ruby knocked.

A moment later, a man opened the door.

"My name's Asher," he said. "I can tell immediately that you're Ashlyn's family, because you, ma'am, look every bit like your daughter. Let me get her."

He returned with Ashlyn, carrying one suitcase, while she carried the other one with her flute case.

"Hi," Ruby said, and the girl smiled at her.

"You have my eyes," she said quietly. "I've never seen another person with that eye color before."

Ruby smiled. "It's a relief for me, too," she said. "Well, you can tell people who are surprised that you have the eyes of a famous actress."

"But the pictures of Elizabeth Taylor are colorized," Ashlyn said, pouting.

"They are," Ruby agreed. "But they were violet."

"Okay," Ashlyn said.

"Now," Ruby said. "Let's go home, alright?"

"Okay," Ashlyn said.

They walked to the car, while Hayden introduced Ashlyn and Reggie. The four-year-old seemed interested in Ashlyn, and she thought he was adorable.

Asher watched them leave, and sighed, turning into the house, whispering to himself.

"And then there were none."

***

Comment and vote if you liked this!