Ready

The Bluejays were reunited. They were all happy about it, but they didn't like the circumstances.

Those with partners had them there. Ashlyn had brought Anthony, even though they weren't officially dating. Ollie had brought Adam. Phoenix had brought Vera.

The partners were excited to meet the others, but the Bluejays themselves were incredibly nervous.

Ashlyn was sitting with Anthony, and they were talking about what she would say. They all had scripted things to say. She had to say the end part of the story.

She closed her eyes, leaning her head against Anthony's shoulder. "I'm not ready," she whispered.

"Well, you won't ever be, then," he said. "It'll be fine, I'm sure."

She smiled at him. "You're so nice," she said.

"It's worth it to see you smile."

She blushed.

Elijah walked up to them then. "Come on, lovebird," he told Ashlyn.

"I'm a Bluejay, not a lovebird," she said, acting offended.

"Okay, whatever," Elijah said, humoring her. "Now, let's go. We have to explain about our powers!"

"Okay," Ashlyn said.

As the group of five walked up to the curtain, the people they had come with walked to each other.

"It sucks that this has to be live on the air," Vera said.

"I know," Adam agreed. "Ollie isn't the greatest doing things for large groups."

"Ashlyn is good with that, but she doesn't like the idea of doing this on the news," Anthony said.

"I don't think any of them really do," said Adam. "Ollie is unhappy, that's for sure.

The three watched as Asher walked out in front of the kids. "Are you ready?" he asked.

"No," Ashlyn said, and the others all agreed.

"Too bad," Asher said, shrugging. "Let's go."

Adam watched worriedly as Ollie gave him one last glance over his shoulder. "Let's hope they are after all ready," he said.

***

This was short and bad, sorry. The only chapter after this is going to be the epilogue.