𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

georgia

i looked at zach and furrowed my eyebrows as we both turned around to see who had called him. his eyes widened as a short blonde girl came into view and threw her arms around his neck.

i widened my eyes and was a bit taken back when he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist.

i made eye contact with ellie who was standing by the dj set who gave me a 'who tf is she' look and i just shrugged my shoulders.

they pulled away and i cleared my throat causing them to both look at me.

"hi."

i smiled sarcastically and zach frowned, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"um georgia, this is kay, kay, this is georgia."

she gave me a dirty look when zach wasn't looking and i rolled my eyes.

"so who do you two know each other."

"we used to be best friends when i lived back in dallas."

i slowly nodded my head and he turned back to kay.

"so what brings you to la?"

"i can't really hear you, why don't we go somewhere quieter."

"oh yeah sure."

she linked arms with him and pulled him out of the gym and i huffed, making my way over to ellie and the girls.

"okay what the fuck was that?"

"i don't even know, apparently they were friends before zach moved here. her names kay."

ellie's eyes widened.

"and he told you they were just friends?"

i nodded slowly, not understanding what she was getting at.

"yeah why?"

"babe, they were boyfriend and girlfriend for three years and from what he's told us, she's not over him."

i widened my eyes and they all hugged me or rubbed my shoulder.

"i'm pretty sure he was about to ask me to be his girlfriend too."

i looked at my feet and sighed, the girls all gasping.

"well then you have to go after him!"

i looked at christina and furrowed my eyebrows.

"why?"

tate rolled her eyes and grabbed my shoulder.

"because, if you want him to be yours you have to go after him before he falls in love with her!"

it took me a minute but then i realized what she was saying.

"oh shit you're right! will you guys come with me?"

they all nodded and we sprinted out of the gym, to the front entrance.

"g, how can you run so well in heels?"

i shook off the comment and pushed open the double doors and my heart broke when i saw them. she was sitting on his lap with her hands in his hair, his hands on her back, and they were making out.

i tried so hard not to cry, but i failed when a huge sob left my mouth, causing them both to look in my direction.

"georgia, it's not what it-."

i cut him off and ran back inside.

so this is what heartbreak feels like.