How We Unravel by MalditangYsa

(Trigger Warning sa story: rape, suicide)

I liked that Ysa wrote a piece that is a little different from her other stories I have read. She wrote it effectively, that every word tattooed themselves in my head. I commend her for writing this story. I reckon she had a hard time writing the right words to make the story not just a mere story that's not real and made up.

Hindi ko sinasabing "maganda" ang story. Parang pangit kasing i-applaud ang isang bagay na nagpapakita ng karahasan, lalo pa't babae ako at babae ang biktima sa kuwento. Let's just say it's incredible for being written with soul. The author didn't just simply represented a crime like it's nothing, she pulled all big guns and tried to shoot. And I got shot.

The story showed how people live their lives, is about sexual assault, consent, betrayal, friendship, love, and how important mental health is. I have to cry, it's my first time to read something like this huhu :(

I also liked the patience of the story, because a tragedy, though happened for years, can still haunt you even in your sweetest dreams. The trauma and fear that will eat you up alive cannot be forgotten even after a sorrowful prayer. Something hateful that happened to you, someone you love, or you know destroys you, shatters your mind, and grips your heart harder than you'd expect it to be.

If you ever read this recommendation, I hope you see the essence of this story.

Consent is always important. A look, a wink, a smile, a laugh, a sigh, a muffled cry, a short shorts and skirts, your lipstick; smudged or clean, your skin, your skimpy dress, your neck, or anything sensual to the eyes of a sexual predator, is not a fucking consent.

This applies to both men and women, regardless of their sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.

Isang mahigpit na yakap sa lahat ng mga naging biktima. Biktima ng kahit ano. I hope that light will shine in your heart, that even when it's gone cold, it'd still get warm.

And justice. I hope we all get justice.

ps: don't read if you also experienced sexual harassments and assaults. i don't want you to have panic attacks :( okay?