I Love You Since 1892 by UndeniablyGorgeous (A Review)

The story was, indeed, beautiful.

It does not only talks about true love and great love but also about the tragic history of our country that, we cannot deny, still happens today.

The love story of Carmela and Juanito made me realize that love knows no boundaries. At all. It could happen to anyone in any place, any time.

Let me list down all the good things about ILYS1892:

1. The plot was unique.

I think it was my first time to read a Historical Romance in this platform and I must say that ILYS1892 is a good starter. You can say that the author had thoroughly thought about the plot.

2. The characters felt real.

They say that readers (especially Wattpaders) are being influenced by the stories they read. Their standards in partner preference became high that no one could reach it. However, I do not believe that ideology. We, as rational human beings, know that these fictional characters should not affect our personalities.

The characters felt real. They seemed real to me. Juanito is flawed. Carmela is flawed. Their parents are flawed. Not only the characters but also the system running in the story.

History really repeats itself.

There is no such thing as perfect story but the fact that the characters are flawed made the story a great book to read. Novels, fictional as they may sound, are not made to shape the ideas of readers about fantasy and far-from-the-truth reality. Novels are made to make us realize something. Thus, everything should be written just as how it was thought in the writer's mind.

3. The writing style is on point.

I've been reading half of my life and I know books that 'look' or that are fine or not.

Some wattpad stories lack formality and professionalism. The way they were written are just so eew and baduy. It could be because of the plot or the delivery of the story. Some writers can express themselves in one try while others need several practices. This is the reason behind the improvement of some writers in Wattpad community. Time helps people improve, but of course, with enough practice and knowledge.

You don't just write just because you know so.

ILYS1892's written output or should I say 'encoded' output is reader-friendly and do not sound funny to the eyes as readers read it.

4. The feelings are real.

I feel like I rode the rollercoaster when I read ILYS1892. The tear-jerking parts really made me cry. The funny parts that supposed to be laughed at were really laughed at. The love of Juanito and Carmela for each other reaches this heart of mine when I'm a screen away and screen is not a portal for things to pass through.

There are still a lot of good things about ILYS1892 but let me list some not good things.

- Each chapter is long. That was fine. However, the dialogue was followed by narration. That is not good.

For instance:

[x]

"Hey, did you see that?" I asked. She was looking far from what I'm talking about so I had to poke her. She didn't look. Instead, she continued looking from afar.

[/] 

"Hey, did you see that?" I asked.

She was looking far from what I'm talking about so I had to poke her. She didn't look. Instead, she continued looking from afar.

- Too many characters. It was okay, but sometimes the author writes a different name instead of the right one. It's confusing.

Well, these are just minor mistakes and could be edited in a short time.

Carry on.