ct-16 Too smooth

Depuis le début

"You're leaving." Katherine said.

"If we're done here then yes. You need food and rest." Kai said. "And I need to get back to my house. I don't want to draw to much attention."

"I said I don't mind the attention." she said. He didn't reply. Katherine looked at his almost unreadable eyes. She had begun to understand him slowly now. His small mood changes and his acts when he was uncomfortable.

"But you mind?" She asked.

"Rest up Princess." He said, avoiding her question. Then he turned and made to exit the living room. As a tiny pit felt like it was opening in her stomach.

He suddenly turned back and walked over to her seat on her reading table. He cupped her nape, bowed his head and took her mouth in a breathtaking kiss.

She nipped on his lower lip, claiming him as he did her.

"Don't miss me too much." he said against her lips. She smiled against his lips.

"Such an arrogant man." she said. Then he broke the kiss, leaving her wanting more. He walked to the door.

"See you later sky." he said with that particular hidden smile he rarely let out.

"See you later Guardian." she said. He let out a groan as he exited the room, making her chuckle.

She never thought she had ever wanted to see the next day so bad.

******

A week later.

Kai stood at the castle gates, Nesta beside him. Three of the Queens advisors stood a distance behind, lord Jerome and Elena stood with captain Mateo by two carriages parked by the gates, about forty to fifty guards on horses surrounding it.

In the second carriage was the elf, bound and cleaned up. Captain Mateo would be riding with him.

The Queen stood with Katherine as they said their goodbyes.

"I wish you didn't have to go." Kai heard Katherine say.

"I also wish I didn't have to Kat, but I do." The Queen said with a smile. Katherine sighed.

"Just be safe. It's a five days ride even with your fastest horses, anything could happen." Katherine said. The Queen looked back, using her gaze to make reference to the mass of the guards accompanying her.

"There are some dangers your guards can't protect you from." Katherine said. The Queen looked to Katherine. Kai could sense that understanding was shared between them. She nodded.

"I'll see you in two weeks." The Queen said.

Katherine stepped back to Kai's side as the Queen stepped into the carriage.

"Stay fit Guardian. We're sparring when I get back." Nesta said beside him, her face staring ahead.

"I look forward to it." Kai said. She bowed a goodbye to Katherine and stepped into the carriage. The Queen smiled at Jerome and Elena, then nodded to her advisors.

Then the Queen looked at Kai. The message in her eyes were clear.

Look after her.

Kai assured her with a nod.

Then the carriages wheeled off, pulled by the might of horses led by a rider. The other fifty guards followed as hooves trudged on the snow. He looked at Katherine to his side whose face was sad. He took her hand in his and smiled at her. She gave him a smile that didn't meet her eyes.