5-

"I've waited for this. I'm ready for it."

Colton's back. Even after four years of his absence, it still feels as if he's not even here. He walked through the front door an entirely different person. The person he started to become the moment he left. I can't stop thinking about that look he gave me over Susie's shoulder. I just don't know what to make of it...

And then there's Vance. I don't know what to make of him either. He's Zara's new boyfriend, but I doubt they'll last long. Although he practically lives here now. I only ever catch glimpses of the back of his head while him and Zara cuddle on the couch watching tv shows. She's never done that with any of the other guys so now I'm thinking it's serious.

It's another thing I don't know what to make of.

Especially since when I see them I get all moody and depressed. This has never happened to me before and I want to talk to Susie about it, but I haven't spoken with her since she called a few minutes after I left the house walking back to mine. I had told her I didn't want to intrude and although she objected and said it was no big deal, I could tell Colton didn't want me around for some reason.

So I told her that I just needed to be home and I'd see her around.

I felt bad for brushing her off so easily but I didn't know how else to end the conversation.

I don't know how to stop the feelings coursing through me. And I hate it that I can't just turn it off. Ever since Vance came around and Colton came back, last Saturday, it seems my world has turned around and I don't know how or why.

Luckily, I've been able to raise my failing grades to a B minus which a great accomplishment for me, and Dad thinks so too because he even offered me to go on a celebratory dad/daughter date with him tomorrow. Of course I said yes but I still haven't decided on where we should eat. I suppose it'll be whatever I'm hungry for.

Mom has been mother henning me a lot recently and I'm not sure why. She keeps telling me I have a softer aura about me and I'm not even sure what the hell that's supposed to mean, and I'm not sure I want to find out. I'm sure she's been reading too many sappy novels.

Anyway, I'm too brain dead to continue on with this rant so I'm just gonna take a nap or something.

I close my journal and place the pen where I last left off writing and shove it under my pillow, it's resting place. My eyes are drooping and I haven't even gotten out of bed yet today aside from going to the bathroom. My stomach has been growling at me to eat something but I'm too lazy to. I'd ask Cortez but I'm sure he's still at his friend's house and I don't feel like trying to find my phone in the sheets of my bed.

I don't even know what time it is but it has to be the afternoon because the sun is high in the sky, casting a shining glow throughout my room from the two windows. The fan is on medium, blowing back and forth between my spot on my bed and my desk where papers flutter softly every time the fan turns in its direction.

The peacefulness is making me sleepy, despite the hunger in my belly, and I fall into a doze only to be awoken by a horrible banging noise.

"Ella!" Cortez's voice is muffled from the door but I can still hear the excitement in his tone. With my eyes half open, I fumble around my sheets for my phone and when I find it I open my eyes all the way to see it's a little past two.

I groan into my pillow, pulling myself up into a sitting position. "Whaat?" I croak.

"Can you open your door?"