3-

"Failure is not fatal."

I'm too anxious to write anymore so I focus my nervous energy on cleaning up my room while putting my music on shuffle to jam to.

By the time 4:30 comes around, my bed is neatly made and everything is put in its place (my coffee cups) and my bathroom is sparkly clean, which is the state it's always in. My room smells of cinnamon apple and vanilla from a candle I'd gotten for myself weeks ago and the smell soothes me.

Since I'm not too sure if we're staying in for dinner, or going out, I force myself up the stairs to ask my mom or dad what we're and how I should be dressed. I find Zara first who's in a fit of nerves which instantly puts me on edge.

She's wearing a simple dress with floral designs and a fishtail braid that rests on her left shoulder. I immediately concur with myself that we're going out. It doesn't make sense to me why she'd go on a date with a guy and then go on another one the same day with siblings and parents. But whatever.

"Where're we going?"

"Tom's Dine-In. Why aren't you ready yet?" She says in one breath.

"I-"

"Zara! Are you ready, dear? It's almost five." Mom calls from upstairs.

"Yes, but Estrella hasn't even showered!" Zara tattles on me like a child. I roll my eyes. Honestly, you'd think the oldest would be the most mature.

"Ella! You get ready this instant! We're meeting Zara's boyfriend tonight!" I notice how my mom excludes the word 'new'.

I want to tell her that we're almost always meeting a new boyfriend of Zara's, but manage to stop myself as my dad comes tromping down the stairs with a smile. Oh god.

Making my way back to my room to get ready before anyone else comments on my still pajama clothes body, I strip once I'm in my bathroom and get in the shower. The water is slightly cool but warms after a few seconds of me standing as far away from the spray. I wash my hair in record time and it rinses out as I scrub my body. Fortunately, no soap suds gets in my eye while I do this.

I brush my hair and then leave it down so it can return to its natural waves and put on the nearest undergarments that don't even match and then a random shirt along with a pair of shorts. I swipe some mascara on my short lashes followed by eyeliner.

"Ella! C'mon! We've got ten minutes to be there!" Zara yells down to me, nervous anticipation coating her voice. I grab the nearest pair of shoes of mine and my phone and slowly make my way up the stairs. I really did not want to do this.

"You look like nice, honey." My mom comments and then we're all out the door and in the car driving to meet another one of Zara's boys.

Tom's Dine-In is super nice despite the lack of creativity in the name, and is often filled with teens and families. My favorite part about it is their diverse menu. Every month or so, they come out with something new for the menu to attract more attention. It's a smart move for them, and it works.

The best dish is the Parmesan chicken Alfredo. Something about it makes it seem as if it's heaven on earth. Most customers tend to feel that way about the food though because everything they serve is absolutely delicious, with the exception of lobster tails and oysters on Wednesday's (seafood day).

Once we enter, the delicious aroma of different foods enter my nose and my stomach growls with delight despite me having eaten only about two hours before.

"I'm betting it's that slick guy with a small goatee in the left booth near the window." Cortez whispers to me and I can't help but guffaw in response. It seems to be Zara's type and I immediately agree with a suppressed laugh as my dad gives me a 'really, how immature can you be' look. I try not to laugh in his face, with how solemn he looks.