winter nights | narry au

Prologue

His cheeks had reddened. The crisp, cold air stinging his skin as it blew past him. Autumn was getting closer to an end, and Niall was getting lonelier as he became more and more distant from his family. It hadn't occurred to him to go out and talk to other people. Mainly because he was always too shy to even speak a word. He hadn't an idea of what to say. Whether to start the conversation with a familiar talk of greeting, or a compliment. Since the beginning of summer, he had been trying to pick up girls, some successful, yet he didn't feel any like or love towards his temporary partner. It then struck him one day, at eight in the morning at the local coffee shop, had his heart began to race when he spotted a handsome man on the other side of the little shop. He wasn't interested in girls at all. He was interested in men.
-
-
"Get a hold of yourself boy! You're 20 for goodness sake, I shouldn't even be calling you a boy! You should have the title "man"! I'm so sick and tired of your ways Harry, why am I even associated with you? I'm done, it's over."
He had never felt such anger, but no heartbreak. He'd been completely confused for a couple of months now, whether or not he still loved Halsey, his now ex-girlfriend. Walking down the street, arms looped together, he had mainly paid attention to other men, acknowledging their good looks, surprising himself with those thoughts.
Finally, with so much confusion and frustration, he realized he has no interest in females. Born like it or not, his heart aimed for men.

Winter was soon- perfect timing in his opinion- to start fresh. To start something new, somewhere new.

"Ticket to Brighton, please," he spoke with two suitcases standing beside him.

(let's just appreciate narry as the story grows, k?)

{All Rights Reserved December 2014 ©}
❄️
idlearum™