01

'I've had all of you ,most of you, some of you now none of you

'I've had all of you ,most of you, some of you now none of you.'

***

NEW York City was a beautiful place to be. One foot in the city and you experience an instantaneous gravitational pull. The area was adorned with bright lights that seemed to never die out, it was truly the city that never sleeps.

The clock had just about reached ten p.m. , yet the streets were bustling,
the noise of engines and cars honking as they rushed off to God knows where at this hour of the night.

Queens was usually a busy area so it didn't come as a surprise that Ralph's Cafe was this busy so late. Customers rushed in to grab their beverages and meals before sitting down to enjoy their food or walking back out into the cold air, exiting the warm space to be met with the chilly January air.

My head turned slightly to be met with a loving couple cuddled up next to each other enjoying a slice of heavenly chocolate cake between the two, stopping ever so often to smile at one another. I rolled my eyes at the sight, slightly yearning to receive that type of love, all I ever encountered were brainless boys with a penis where their personality should have been, I was yet to come across an actual man that wasn't time-wasting.

Sighing, I stood up and left money to cover the bill and a tip before slipping my arms through my warm coat and walking out the aroma filled café and onto the side path, where I continued straight down, the illuminating lights guiding me to my apartment which was roughly ten minutes away.

The cold air nipped at my skin as I maneuvered through the streets smiling at the thought of cuddling my warm sheets.

Tomorrow would be my first day back at Rikers, I had been let off from the prison for a mere two days to sort out some legal documents for my apartment.

I wouldn't say I hated being a nurse there, but there were definitely better things to do with my qualifications. I had to do this though, I couldn't risk another person ending up like him .

I let the thoughts escape my head before climbing up the stairs and into the apartment complex I had been residing in for the past two years.

Initially I hadn't planned on finding my own place at 24, but life chose a different path for me to follow and I couldn't really complain, I enjoyed my roommates presence despite her being rather crude and straight forward. I called her unique. Plus she was my closest friend and the only person I usually interacted with.

The keys jingled in my hand as I fumbled with them in an attempt to open the door, entering to allow the smell of pizza to waft through my nose, definitely not home cooked, no, Zara had the cooking skills of a rat.

"Sup, bitch," I rolled my eyes at her choice of words, not really expecting anything less. "You want pizza?" she asked with a mouth full of cheese and sauce. I scrunched my nose at how unladylike she sounded but laughed anyways. "I'm pretty sure I left you like half a slice in the warmer, I might've gotten a bit carried away, but in my defense you can't really control yourself when eating fucking pizza."