two

Jade didn't tell people she was one of the twenty. None of the twenties ever disclosed who they were, to not have as much money as the other students here and have people know about it was social suicide.

Most of the fourths knew who Jade Lei was. She was pretty famous online, and a lot of people from this building followed her. But like that, her image on the internet made her come off as intimidating in person, so not many tried to talk to her.

Jade knew how to hide that she was a twenty. A perk to being a success on the media was that she often was asked to promote things. In return companies — mostly underrated fashion brands — sent her attractive looking pieces. If any student were to see her outside of school they wouldn't know that she wasn't rich.

The pavilion. Right as the school bell rang, students rush to reach the outdoors, and within a few minutes there's a lingering crowd sitting at the large outdoor pavilion. It's mostly the twelve Olympians. They always met up after school, and like the usual sight, one of them is fighting the other.

It's Park Jimin and Hwang Hyunjin this time. Jade never understood why someone would even waste their energy fighting that little brat, but Hyunjin was the type to easily get under someone's skin. And Park Jimin has a very short temper.

He throws his fist at the younger kid, the other hand fisting his white shirt. The force is enough to untuck it from his pants. Hyunjin laughs at the brutal force though there's blood painting his teeth. Sitting around in the circle, Vicki is surrounded by the rest of the girls. Ryujin is the first one she notices, but doesn't bother getting her attention.

Jade stops in her tracks to start her music. While she does, Ryu's eyes suddenly fall over the dark haired girl. She grins almost instantly, then cups her mouth.

"Jade!" She waves enthusiastically, while catching the attention of a few others. Lei turns back to the group of socialites, then forces a small smile at Ryujin.

Almost simultaneously, both Jeongguk and who Jade presumes as Jaebum turn to where Ryu is looking with such a smile. Upon recognizing the girl from his homeroom, the artist turns back to Ryu.

"Ryu — is that your friend?"

"Jade? Oh yeah. She's in our homeroom." She looks away from Jade and back to Jeongguk. "Did you not notice?"

"I did." By now both Jimin and Hyunjin have ended their scuffle. Vicki decides to speak up.

"She's the smart one right? I saw she's like almost verified on Instagram."

"Jeongguk what's your idea?" Jaebum scoffs. "Leave that girl alone. She looks like she wants to shoot you."

Ryujin is well aware of Jeongguk's habits, but she knows that Jade is not the type to put up with his Slytherin-like behavior. So she decides to speak up.

"JK, leave her alone." She urges. "Jade doesn't like you."

"Ryu, I wasn't going to bother her." He answers though that smirk hasn't left his lips. His eyes continue to stare at the girl who has started to walk again. "But now that you mention that, maybe I might."

"She might punch him." Ryujin mumbles, frowning as her classmate jumps over his seat to jog up to her. "At least I warned him."

At her words, Vicki lets out a laugh. "It would be better if she punched him. He's been getting on my nerves lately. What better than a fourth to put him in his place?"

"Jade!" He sings out loudly, and it's impossible for her not to hear it over her bass-boosting music. Slightly annoyed that Jeongguk interrupted her from listening to the chorus of a song she was addicted to lately, Jade pops out an earbud and gives him a dirty look.

"What."

"Geez, you're so spunky today!" He jangles his car keys in one hand and wraps his other arm around her. Jade doesn't resist this time, she will play along until things are in her favor.
"I heard you're friends with Ryu."

"What does she have to do with this?" Jade snorts. "Was that little staring contest enough for you to finally notice me?"

Seeing that she's onto his trend of picking up fourth girls, Jeongguk slowly lets go of her. But, the smirk doesn't leave his face yet.

"Maybe." He stops her on the sidewalk, and by now it's quite apparent that the other eleven students are watching what Jade would call an "insignificant interaction".

"I'm surprised she hasn't punched him yet." Ryu says. "Maybe he's not irritating her."

"Jeongguk — not irritating anyone?" Doyoung finally speaks up. "Now that's a myth I would love to believe in." At his words, Vicki smiles a little.

To Vicki, Jade has always been occupying a small spot in the back of her mind, whether the girl knew it or not. It was hard not to notice that one. Despite looking pretty average, she had no highlights in her hair, she wore no colored contacts...she still managed to stick out like a sore thumb. No. Vicki Wang was not intimidated by this girl. She knew that Jade Lei had no interest in her friends, so she left the girl alone. Vicki was not the type of antagonist read in books. She didn't bully people, and she was not harsh for no reason.

Actually, Vicki wasn't even sure if calling herself an antagonist was correct.

"This Friday at my place. It's a welcome back party. Everyone will be there, and so should you." By now he's bent down to look at her eye to eye. Jeongguk suddenly takes her phone out of her hands. She assumes he's typing in his address — but no, he's also added in his number. Jade tries her hardest not to roll her eyes.

"Sounds exciting right? You could get a glimpse on what Ryu gets to experience everyday."

She snatches her phone back. "Sounds nauseating." And like that, she uses a little bit of force to ram her shoulder against his and walks off, where she can see Jiyong's black car waiting for her in the distance. But, Jeongguk turns back to watch her leave. He knows she'll be there, and so does Jade.

"So, what did she say?" Vicki is mildly interested, though her attention is focused on braiding Momo's hair. "I don't see any bruises."

Jeongguk is still smiling. "Something about wanting to throw up."