The Bite of 1983

We were at Chris' birthday party, and I think Chris was actually enjoying himself. He was talking to people, laughing, and having a good time from what I could tell.
But no matter how hard I tried...
No matter how well I pretended....
I couldn't shake that empty feeling....
That feeling that something was missing...

Charlie...

I've been replaying the last five birthday parties in my head...each time Chris is way happier... each time I'm off talking with Charlie.

I never realized until that moment that I never really hung out with Chris on his birthday...I felt...kind of bad about it... but who could blame me? After what we've been through, what we've seen... it's strange to be separated....it's kind of ironic how I'm the one alone in the back of the diner while everyone else is having a funtime...

About half an hour passed, and I was drawing the animatronics...before I knew it they were the nightmare animatronics.... I stared at my drawings... I wasn't even trying to draw those monsters but I was... my brother's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Hey Elizabeth!" He said. I looked up, he seemed so happy. Once every year he's like this, and once every year that smile lights up the whole world, and I can't help but smile back.
"Hey birthday boy!" I responded.
"What are you drawing?" He asked about to look at my drawing. I quickly pull it back.
"Eheheh, how about we don't look at that, and enjoy your party!" I say, not wanting to ruin his great time with his terrible week. This was a good distraction for him. "How's the ice cream! You've got to tell me how the flavours taste!" I'm trying so frickin hard to change the subject. Chris' face faltered a little. Shoot.
"Why not try it yourself? I thought you loved ice cream?" Chris asked. Oh crap he's on to me.
"Oh I, wouldn't wanna try it before you do—"
"I already tried it." Ffffffriiiiiiiiiick. "C'mon what's wrong?" I sighed and averted my eyes.
"It just..." I looked at the seat that Charlie would normally sit in. "Feels weird—n-not that anything is wrong! I just—um—" Chris hugged me.
"We'll talk after the party ok? It's driving me crazy too. You're my sister and I care about you." I hugged him back and sighed.
"This is crazy..." I muttered.
"You just noticed?" He joked. I snorted a little and ruffled his hair.
"Show me where the ice cream is I actually can't find it that's why I'm not binge eating it."

Chris introduced me to his friends. We played a Bunch of games together. We even won at that claw game. We gave the plush to some random kid because Chris already had them all but we were just happy that we won at a rigged game.

After birthday cake me and Chris were drawing, but decided on drawing us and our family, not the animatronics since he was having the same problem as me. We were just sitting there when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see nobody, only to hear one of Micheal's friends laughing like crazy.
Great...
"Micheal I thought we said no bringing your minions!" I yelled. They just laughed.
"You were right, he really can't stand defend himself without your freak of a sister to stand in front of him!" The kid in the freddy mask asked. I clenched my hand into a fists.
"And you can't make any decisions without Micheal to tell you to." I retorted. All of them glared daggers at me, I was ready to punch them in their stupid idiotic jerk faces. That's when the leader of the pack came in...Micheal... the goons were wearing genuine masks, but he was wearing MY foxy mask....he was the worst...he was so happy when we were young... what the hell happened to him? Didn't matter...
"Awwww I think the birthday boy wants to get up close and personal~" Micheal declared.
What....
"N-No I don't! P-please Micheal don't!" Chris pleaded.
"I think he wants to give Fredbear a biiiiiig kiss!" Micheal continued.

No...

That idiot!!!

"Micheal, no—I know what you're thinking—you can't do this!!!" I said standing up from my chair.

"Micheal please I don't wanna!!!" Chris begged tears in his eyes. They picked Chris up and started towards the stage. I instantly tried to stop them but the kid in the Freddy mask held me back.
"Micheal!!! Micheal no!!! Micheal there are no motion sensors it's not going to be able to detect Chris!!!" I shouted.

"Geez, why did I get stuck with the robot geek?" The freddy guy complained. I was by hyperventilating, and I think Chris was too. I was struggling like crazy. Micheal kept teasing, Chris kept begging, pleading, how the hell was nobody seeing this?!? That's when I heard it...

"On three"

No...

"One"

I stepped on "Freddy's" toe and sprinted towards my brother,

"Two"

"MICHEAL STOP!!!" Chris yelled.

"Three!"

"Chris!!!" I screamed.

Before we knew it everyone heard a room clearing snap.

Everyone was silent...

"Oh god...oh god what have I done..." Micheal said.

I was silent, pushing my way towards my brother. That's when I saw his limp body hanging from FredBear's mouth.

I stood there in silence.

I had just lost Charlie yesterday...

And now my brother...

How is it that I lost both of best friends in the span of two days.

Daddy and Henry came and stared in shock. Henry was the first to move.

"Alright everyone party is over, Lillian call the ambulance!" Henry ordered. Mommy nodded and called the ambulance.
"Hello, yes this is Lillian Afton..." my mom started on the phone in dads office. Everybody's voices were echoing around me as I stared at my brother...

It was like a really bad car crash, you want to look away but you just can't. Tears silently rolled down my eyes.

When the ambulance arrived I had a blanket over my shoulder, staring at nothing in particular. There was a news reporter outside. Mommy was rubbing circles around my back as dad was sitting with his hands on his head staring at the ground.
Micheal was sitting at a table on the other side of the room with his head on the table.