9.

Hayley struggles with the shackles on her wrists. "They're going to find me, and kill you. You know that, right?"

"I don't think so, Hayley, why would they suspect us?" Agnes plays with the blade in her hand.

"Because they're smart. And you're not for doing this. How the hell will a baby put an end to witchcraft?" Hayley tries to get out of the chains again.

"The ancestors have been sending messages, and they are the ones that we listen to. If we perform a spell to kill the baby, Marcel will catch us. We simply have to kill you." Agnes starts to walk to Hayley and Hayley tries moving back, but it doesn't do her much good. "I truly am sorry, it pains me to hurt an unborn child but I must do what I'm told by our leaders." Hayley shuts her eyes tightly, wanting to wake up to this being a horrid nightmare. But somebody does come to her rescue.

"Agnes, stop!" Sophie yells, running in out of breath. "If you kill Hayley, Klaus will kill all of us. All of the remaining witches for letting one witch do this. Perform the spell to kill the child only." Sophie pants and Hayley looks at her in shock.

"What, no! Sophie, help me. Please, get me out of here. Don't you think Klaus will kill you for harming this child? He cares about it more than he cares about me!" Hayley yells, being ignored.

"Oh, please, when has Klaus ever showed any amount of care towards the baby?" Sophie arches an eyebrow at her.

"When the hell has he ever showed any amount of care towards me?" Hayley protests with a huff.

"You're his girlfriend!" Sophie says, as if to remind Hayley like she's forgotten.

No, I'm not, Hayley thinks to herself.

"I don't want to be killed." Agnes hisses.

"Hello, I don't either here." Hayley groans when Agnes causes her head to spin.

"Stop it, Agnes, I thought you would do anything to protect the witchcraft. You're an elder, you can do this." Sophie encourages. Agnes thinks for a moment before nodding. "Alright."

"No, no, no, this is ridiculous. Please d-" Hayley's cut off by herself coughing blood. Agnes closes her eyes, lifting her hand and beginning to murmur a spell focused on the heartbeat in Hayley's stomach. She feels her stomach twist, and her eyes water from the pain and the upcoming loss she's about to face. The heartbeat starts fading slower and slower. "No!" Hayley screams as the pain gets worse and sweat begins to bead her forehead. Sophie can feel the power flowing and the pregnancy decreasing. Hayley's eyes become drowsy and starts falling into unconsciousness when she feels the pain stop.

She looks up to see Klaus holding Agnes by the neck, with her eyes snapped wide open. Rebekah vamp speeds to Sophie and flips her over, placing the tip of her heel on her neck.

"You're going to pay for this," Klaus is beyond angry at what he witnessed when he walked into the room. He saw Hayley chained up like an animal, blood running down her chin and out of her mouth while Agnes tried killing their child. His black veins appear under his eyes as his orbs begin to transform into a bright yellow colour. His fangs dig into the side of her neck, his ears listening to her protests. After having enough of her blood, he snaps her neck causing her now deceased body to drop on the floor.

"You guys seem to forget that not all of us have super magical speed or whatever!" Dean huffs as he rushes in, eyes widening when he sees Hayley still savaged against the wall. Her head is dropping, her eyes fixated on the floor in weakness.

"Mind telling us why you witches were doing this?" Rebekah asks Sophie, adding pressure to the heel against her neck. Dean rushes to Hayley, trying to find a way to break her out of the chains. He pulls on them but they don't break. "A little help h-" Before Dean could finish his sentence, Klaus heads towards her and easily breaks the shackles after getting rid of the herbs object laying on top. Hayley drops into Dean's arms and he holds her, gazing up at Klaus. Seeing Hayley's condition aggravates him further more.