t h r e e [Eyes on Fire]

Start from the beginning

I thought that seeing Theo again would calm all of the nerves inside of me, but instead a new set of nerves settled within me. My heart was squeezing, and my stomach was tumbling. I don't know why they were doing this because they have never done this before.

I pulled back from the kiss and he stared at me.

"Why don't you get me down from here, and we could get out of here. How does that sound, baby girl?" He asked, his voice soft. My body froze. I looked to the keys that were in my hands, and my heart clenched. Why am I second guessing myself? I should just take the key, unlock Theo, and we can run away together.

But I just can't. Something within me didn't want to disappoint Grey and Ryker. Why should I care about disappointing them? It took Grey forever to come and get me, and Ryker just stood there and watched everything Theo did to me. So why should I care if this is what they want?

Because they are your mates. A voice within my head spoke. I furrowed my eyebrows. Who the heck was that?

"Baby girl?" Theo asked, his voice getting stern as he stared at me. I licked my lips and shook my head.

"I can't do it..." I whispered, dropping my hands to my side.

"Baby girl, if you don't unlock me, I will spank the shít out of you and punish you." I stared at him, fear swirling within me at the memories of being punished by Theo. But when he punished me I was being a bad girl, he had said. Like when I didn't wash a plate the right way, or if I spoke without being told when to spoke, or for wearing the wrong outfit. 

But Grey and Ryker don't get mad at me for doing those things, in fact they don't even care.

And how is Theo going to punish me if he is locked up? If I unlock him, then I will be in for it. But if I leave him here, then I won't get punished. A little smile slipped on my face.

"Unlock me." He said, his voice a low growl as his hands clenched into fists.

"No..." I whispered, a feeling of power rushing through me. I liked having this power over him, it made me feel superior and no longer afraid of him. In fact, I don't think I have any feelings towards him, other than pity.

"Unlock me right fúcking now, baby girl." He added on the end, trying to sweet talk me into doing it. I just shook my head, my smile growing.

"No." I said, my voice firmer this time. I reached down on the floor and picked up my underwear. I pulled it up my legs and secured it on my waist, a sense of security and safety settling within as I stood there.

"You know I don't like you wearing panties, baby girl." He said, his eyes hard and judging. I felt the anger radiating off of him in waves as he clenched and unclenched his fists, his jaw locking as he stared at me.

I mustered up all the courage I had within me. I squeezed my hands into fists, cleared my throat, and said, "Fúck. You." A look of pain, and sadness washed over his face, and I instantly felt guilty. How could I say those things to him? Don't I love him?

No, I don't. I never did.

I heard footsteps coming down the hallway, and I scrambled for the keys.

"Holland, unlock me right fúcking now!" Theo screamed, rattling the chains. I screamed in fear, dropping the keys. I quickly picked them up and settled on a key. I brought it up to his shackles and tried to unlock him but a firm hand wrapped itself around my wrist. I screamed out and my body curled in on itself as I was pulled away and into a hard body.

Sobs were racking my body as shouts were thrown all around the room, but Theo's pained scream rang in my ears. I curled into the body, a feeling of warmth, and safety spreading all throughout my body. Another body slowly put their arms around me, and their chest was pressed against me. I felt so whole, and safe. Why would I ever need anyone else?