Q is for Questions

Summary: Vanessa is confused when she turns up at Kevin's house.

Questions raced through Vanessa's mind and they weren't exactly comforting and countless possibilities flooded her mind causing the worry to build.

When she pulled out outside Kevin's house just moments ago because they were going to go to the cinema. His front door was ajar and one of his windows were smashed. Her heart stopped looking at the sight. Obviously her immediate thoughts went to Kevin and if he was ok.

She composed her self and got out of her car. Cautiously looking in every direction and having a hand placed firmly on her gun in case.

She walked up his stepped and the door creaked as she pushed it open and her mouth fell open. Glass was everywhere along with papers and other miscellaneous objects were scattered everywhere covering everything and it looked as if a bomb had dropped.

"Kevin?" She called out and her voice was slightly shaky due to her nerves.

When she got no response, she panicked more and went into his kitchen. She looked for anything to see if it would tell her where he is but to no avail so she went into the living room and saw the tv was missing as she went through the rooms she made a mental note of all the objects, she knew were stolen.

She jumps as she hears the floor creak and her heart sped up but was relaxed when she realised it was caused by her walking on the floor.

Vanessa headed upstairs weary of what she would encounter once she got up there. It looked messier than downstairs and she froze upon seeing a drop of blood on the floor. She knew that was not good news and nothing she saw was reasurringly her in the slightest.

She noticed his bedroom door was shut so went over and pressed her ear against to try hear if anyone was in there. No noise. She tried the door handle but it wouldn't budge. She took a step back before she kicked the door and opened granting her access.

She was appalled at the state and then she him. Kevin was laid unconscious on the floor.

"Oh god, Kevin," she says feeling tears forming in her eyes.

She went over to him and turned him so he was laid on his back. He had a pulse at least. She noticed a bright, red gash on his forehead which caused a trail of blood to run down his forehead.

She took of her jacket and held it on his wound. She held it on with one hand and took out her phone to call voight with the other.

***

Kevin had woke up before the ambulance arrived and the intelligence unit was searching his house while he sat on the stretcher with Vanessa holding his hand as sylvie began to clean his wound.

"I'm sorry," Vanessa says out of the blue and Kevin looks at her confused.

"For what?" He asks.

"For not coming earlier and stopping this all from happening," she says filled with guilt.

"Hey V, it's not your fault, ok. It wasn't mine nor your fault so don't blame yourself and thanks to you I'm ok now," he says and she smiles and feels tears run down her cheeks which she quickly wipes.

"Ok, you're right," she says and let's him go back to getting his cut cleaned.