G is for Groceries

Summary: grocery shopping is harder than Kelly expected.

When Stella told Kelly he was buying the groceries for the week, he laughed and said it was easy but now he walking aimlessly down the aisles and all he had in his shopping cart was alcohol.

Before Stella had moved in with him, he didn't have the healthiest of eating habits and to be honest he still didn't but he was trying.

He made his way over to the vegetable and wondered how many potatoes were too many. He decided above 7 should be enough and it was better to have to many then to little. He went around and bought all kinds of vegetables some of which they never ate but he didn't think about that. He just put them in the cart.

He then bought some staples like bread and pasta again probably too much but he wasn't too bothered. He wanted it to be over as soon as possible. He wondered how Stella did because she was surrounded by things like doughnuts. As soon as he thought about doughnuts, he had to get some so put some in the cart and continued shopping.

He thought he was doing great until he bumped into Matt who took one look at his cart and sighed.

"Kelly what is that?" Matt asked.

"It's the groceries," Kelly says confused and he question his friends intelligence.

"Ok... and did Stella put you up to this?" He asks.

"Yeah, why? Have I failed horribly at a simple task?" He asks.

"Kind of... your like a kid honestly. Do you know what I'll help you," he says and Kelly nods in defeat so they go around and put everything back apart from the alcohol.

"Ok, so now what? I have a grocery list..." He says trailing off when he realises how dumb he is.

"Maybe it would be a good idea to follow that," Matt says and pats his friends shoulder and walks away.

Kelly curses under his breath and goes around and gets everything on the list and pays for it.

***

Kelly brought all the shopping in and put it on the counter.

"How was it?" Stella asks.

"Hell," Kelly says and starts unpacking some of the items.

"I heard Matt had to help you," she says and he sighs.

"Hey, he offered and it's not my fault I didn't see the grocery list," he says.

"Well maybe your blind and we should get your eyes tested," she says jokingly.

"Ha, ha very funny anyway can we just agree from now on you get groceries?" He says.

"Yep, because I don't want to starve I my own home," she says and kisses him on the cheek before leaving him to finish unpacking.