O is for Operation

Summary: Hailey has to have an operation and Jays more nervous than she is.

Jay had been nervously counting down the days since he had received the news. He knew he shouldn't worry but he couldn't help it.

Today hailey was having her tonsils removed and while Jay knew it was a routine operation, he couldn't help but think about the possibility of something going wrong and losing her.

Hailey reached over and held Jay's hand bringing him out of his trance and he looked at her. They were heading to med and Hailey knew Jay was worried. She was slightly scared but Jay was definitely way more concerned.

"Jay, it will be fine, it will all go to plan and I'll be fine," she says looking at him and smiling reasurringly.

"I know, I know but I just really don't want to lose you and I should be saying that kind of stuff to you," he says slightly embarrassed and like she's more focused on him.

"Jay, it's fine, I know you don't like this kind of thing whereas I'm more ok with so don't worry and you certainly won't lose me," Hailey says and is happy about the fact he cares about her so much.

***

Hailey and Jay were sat in the waiting room, holding hands, waiting for her to be called so she can be prepared for surgery.

"Hailey Upton, please follow me" A nurse says and they both stand up and follow her into a room.

"Dr Rhodes will be in shortly," she says and leaves the room.

Hailey wasn't that nervous before but being in a room knowing she'd be in an operating theatre a few hours made her heart rate speed up.

Jay had noticed her change in behaviour so pushed his fear aside so he could comfort her after all she was the one having surgery not him.

"Hails, it will be fine and I'll be right by your side when you wake up," Jay says holding her hand and looking at her.

"Ok, you're right," she says and they kiss just as Dr Rhodes walks in holding a clipboard.

"Ok... so Hailey, as you know your here for a tonsillectomy and it is a routine operation but there is a few risks such as infection or bleeding but they're unlikely, now am I right in thinking you haven't ate since midnight?" He asks.

"Yeah," she says and is excited to finally be able to eat.

"Good, ok so an anasthetiologist will be in soon to give the anaesthesia," he says and Hailey nods and he leaves the room.

The anasthetiologist comes in and administers the anaesthesia and Hailey's asleep in minutes.

***

When hailey wakes up, she's  groggy and her throat hurts. She sees Jay in a chair beside her and smiles.

"Glad to see your awake, first of all, your surgery went great with no complications and now all things well you should be able to go later and we recommend that you rest a lot and only soft foods for the next seven days," the nurse says and Hailey just nods not fully listening but luckily Jay did. She walked out the room leaving the two of them alone.

"Hey," Hailey croaks and Jay hands her a glass of water.

"Hey, glad to see your awake but I guess you should probably rest" Jay says smiling and kisses her forehead as she closes her eyes and goes back to sleep knowing that Jay will still be there when she wakes up.