t w e n t y f i f t h

I am so happy that I've been able to update daily. Although my homework is getting dusty in a corner.... literally.

Also, I'm curious. What are some of y'alls favorite hobbies?

Personally, I like fishkeeping. I may or may not have 7 aquariums and like 100+ fish at the moment....

•••District_441year 02 post great shock •••

•••
District_441
year 02 post great shock
•••

Amara POV

"Are you certain this is the right way?"

I groan, wanting to bang my head against one of these slimy stone walls.
"YES PETE. Yes, I have one hundred and sixty two percent certain this is the right way. I think I know what I'm doing!!"

"Do you though? I mean, have you ever been in these tunnels before."

"Peter Lafrance. One more word out of your mouth and I will make Survivor bite you."

Without even having to look I know that he's opening his mouth to speak. "I mean it!"

Somebody coughs from nearby.
I glance over to the side of me, making out Oliver's form in the darkness.
"Oh hey."

"Hey. How are you doing?"

I'm honestly not sure how to answer that question. How should I be doing? I'm walking through a smelly underground tunnel looking for a group of kids I promised I would protect with my sort-of-boyfriend who I kinda thought was dead, this guy who is supposedly my childhood bestie, the woman who was my mentor and mother figure's friend, and my two dogs who I had also thought were gone.

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Don't. Question. Me. I am fine, but the level of fine where if somebody pushes me a little too far I will fricking rip their head off." I snap.

There's silence.
Shit, now I feel bad.

"Sorry... I'm just stressed. These are my, well, my kids. They're not just my responsibility, but I love them. Each and every one. I promised to give them a better life, and I've failed to do that by failing to protect them. I can't let them down."

"Don't worry. You won't."

"You don't know that." I say, closing the conversation.

I'm not in the mood today.
And for some reason it feels weird, whenever I talk with Oliver.
Without knowing what we had together, not knowing where we stand now, it just makes things awkward.

Survivor nudges my hand with his wet nose and I rub his head, my fingers combing through his silky fur. Destiny comes up on the other side of me, her body pressing against my legs.
At least I have them.
They're not going to make things overly complicated.
They just want to be by my side as much as I want to be around them.