Chapter Eight

"Cass..andra?" Dean caught himself at the last moment. He never wanted to call her Cas, that was a nickname reserved for someone else exclusively. He was standing outside her bedroom door knocking and she opened the door only a hair. "I'm not dressed yet." She admitted with a laugh. "Oh, I'm sorry, I was just wondering where you wanted to go tonight?" "There's a steakhouse downtown, do you like steak?" She asked. His eyes lit up. "A girl after my own heart." She smiled. "Ok, then dress nice, but not too nice." He nodded. "Ok, I can manage that I think." She closed the door and he crossed the hall and went back into his bedroom. He caught sight of his brother as he was passing by. "Sammy!" Sam stopped and backed up, peeking in the room?" "Come in here, close the door." Dean said. "Ok." Sam did and turned to look at his brother. "What's up?" "Cassandra asked me out." Dean blurted. Sam smiled. "That's great man, you need to get out once in awhile." Dean was pacing nervously. "I don't know what dress nice but not too nice means. What does that mean Sam?" Sam chuckled and walked to Dean's closet, pulling the door open. "Here. A dress shirt and dress pants should be enough. And lose the boots. Put on your dress shoes." Sam selected a pair of black pants and a white button down shirt. "You could pull of a blazer, but forget the tie. I don't think you really need the jacket either. And use some of that cologne Jody bought you for Christmas last year." Sam handed the clothes to his brother and headed for the door. "Sam?" Dean asked. Sam turned around to look at him. "What?" "Am I making the right decision here? Was I right to agree to this date?" Dean asked and Sam could see the conflict on his brother's face. Sam walked back over to stand in front of him. Careful to keep his tone warm and genuine he asked "Why would you worry that it was the wrong decision? You like her, right?" Dean looked up at him, searching his face as though he expected to see that smirk there. "Yeah, she's great." "Then go out, enjoy yourself. It's not like you have feelings for anyone else anyway. You're single, she's single, just go out and have a great night, no pressure. It's not like you need to propose tomorrow or anything. It's one date." Sam patted his arm and turned to leave. "Good luck." He said before leaving the room. Dean watched him go, eyes narrowing. What the hell was that about? Feelings? A sliver of fear slid its way down his spine at the thought that maybe he hadn't been so careful about hiding his feelings toward Cas. Was that what Sam was hinting at? Damn it! He felt more confused than ever now. He stripped out of his flannel and tee shirt, slipping the dress shirt on and buttoning it before changing his pants and shoes too. The cologne sat on his dresser and as he picked it up a memory came back to him of Cas leaning close to smell his shirt the first time he had tried it on. Cas' lips had been so close to his and it had sent delicious shivers through him. "I like that, it is a very fitting fragrance for you Dean." Cas had said, still unbelievably close as he looked Dean in the eye. All Dean had wanted was to kiss him at that moment, just press their lips together, crush Cas' body against him, but instead he had nodded and thanked him. Who thanks someone for something like that?! He put the cologne on and checked his reflection in the mirror. A quick brush through his hair and every lock was neatly in place. One of the benefits of keeping his hair cut short, unlike his brother who's hair was almost long enough to pull back in a ponytail. He put his watch back on and stood back to check out his outfit. Sam hadn's said whether he should tuck his shirt in or not, so he opted to leave it untucked. It was more comfortable that way anyway. He stepped out of his room at almsot the same moment Cassandra came out of hers. "Wow, you look amazing." He said, taking her in. She was wearing a knee length red dress that hugged her curves and emphasized her breasts without being tacky in any way at all. Her blonde hair was piled up on top of her head in loose curls. Her heels matched her dress and made her legs stand out. He couldn't take his eyes off her. "Thank you." She said. "You look great too." She looked him over. It was clear he was built nicely. His layers earlier hadn't allowed her to really see what he had going on. Sam was more muscular, but Dean was built quite nicely too. "Are you ready to go?" He asked. "Absolutely." They went out to the living area where Sam was relaxing on the couch with his laptop. He sat up when he saw Cassandra, eyes going wide. "Wow, you look gorgeous." She raised an eyebrow and smiled. They shared a look that Dean missed. "Thank you Sam." She said. "We'll be back in a couple of hours. Don't wait up." Deand said as he helped her into her coat and then slipped his own on. "Don't worry about me. You guys have fun." They turned to leave, missing the gleeful excitement on his face as the door closed behind them.