Chapter Seven

Getting to the good stuff now. One, maybe two more chapters to go...

Chapter Text

Once he was sure Dean was in the shower and out of earshot Sam started praying. "Hannah, if you can hear me, and if you care about Castiel at all, please, I need your help. He's lonely and lost, and he needs your guidance. I can fix it, but I can't do it by myself. Please, I need you." A hand on his shoulder a second later startled him and he turned to see those familiar blue eyes looking at him. "What's the matter with Castiel? Is he hurt?" She asked. Sam took a deep breath and started to explain things. "Castiel, as you know, is completely human now, and I know you know how much he cares about Dean, how much he has always cared about him. Well, Dean feels the same way, but the two idiots won't tell each other that. I had a talk with Castiel, and he's in so much pain. He needs Dean in his life, and Dean needs him. I know you don't like Dean, but he's different now, I swear. The mark as you know is gone and he's calmer now, but he's not happy. He's in love with someone he believes doesn't love him back, but Cas does love him! I am asking you, please, can you just bring Cas back here? Tonight? So I can stop my brother from making a huge mistake." His tone was pleading, and under normal circumstances his pleas would have fallen upon deaf ears, but Hannah had lived long enough among humans to become familiar with their intricate emotions and love was something she thought she understood well enough. For a moment he was sure she would say no but then she relaxed, even smiled a little. "For Castiel, yes, I will do that." Sam sighed with relief. "Thank you. Do you know where he is?" Hannah looked off in the distance for a moment before bringing her eyes back to his. "Yes, I can feel his...soul." Sam checked his watch. It was ten after four. "Ok, let me give him a call, so he can be ready. If you just randomly show up it might freak him out. And I want Dean to leave before he arrives." She tilted her head, a curious expression on his face. "What exactly is the mistake Dean is making tonight?" She asked. "He has met a girl that has the potential to make him forget Cas. They're going out to dinner tonight." He replied. She looked thoughtful for a moment. "That would not be fair to Castiel, he deserves love, and if Dean Winchester is the man he loves, then Dean should not move on. Call me when you are ready and I will return." Before Sam coudl react she was gone. But his plan was in motion, there was no going back now. All he could do was hope that this didn't blow up in his face.