Chapter Four

"So you burned out the motherboard on your computer. We're going to head up to the Honda dealer to see about a new one for you." Sam explained as they drove. "Is that expensive?" She asked worriedly. "If they do it, yes. But we're installing it, so all you have to cover is the cost of the part." He explained. "You guys don't have to do that, you've already been too kind to me." She looked over at Dean who she was glad to see looked less upset than before. "It's not a problem at all. Like I said, moral compass." Dean said with a small laugh. Cassandra bit down on her lip, fighting her own smile when Sam frowned at his brother. They pulled into the dealer and went inside. "I don't have any in stock for that make and model, but I can order one, have it here by tomorrow morning." The sales rep said. Dean turned to look at Cassandra. It was clear she didn't relish the thought of another night in the motel. "I'm sorry Cassandra." He said softly. "It's ok, I'm just adding up how much all of this is going to cost me." She sighed. "Look, we'll save you $40 and give you a room to sleep in tonight if you want." Sam offered. She smiled up at him. He was just as thoughtful as Dean was. Someone had raised these boys right. "That's ok, you've done enough already. I couldn't possibly impose." Dean shook his head. "Sam's right, if you want to stay with us, we have more than enough bedrooms, and if it makes you feel better the doors all lock. You'll have a warm bed and a shower all to yourself." She looked up at him again and he was struck yet again with an overwhelming urge to kiss her. "Um..." Sam nodded at the sales agent. "Order the part, we'll be back for it in the morning." He started for the door with Dean and Cassandra following behind. "Look, I get it, there are a lot of creeps out there, but that's not Dean and I. We have a huge place and it's just the two of us. You're more than welcome to stay the night. It's not an imposition." Sam insisted. Again she looked at Dean. If he wanted her there, she would stay. He was smiling warmly. "Our house is your house, for tonight at least." She decided it was a risk worth taking. She had a sixth sense about people and these two made her feel warm and safe. "Ok, I'll stay."

Notes:

Sorry this one is short, the next one will be longer, and it's coming up here shortly. Keep checking back please!