Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling

Beginne am Anfang

She was mad at herself for believing it could work; for believing they could pull this friendship off as if nothing happened.

She was disappointed. Once again, she hoped for something pointless.

"Why are you like this, stupid. It's not even that big of a deal." She groaned under her breath as she took a step out of the Hospital.

It wasn't a big deal. Indeed. But for some reason, it brought so much more inside her. The past took over her feelings.

"Ya! It's raining! You'll catch a cold!"

Jungkook's voice appeared once again bringing her back to reality. She leaned her head backward only to feel raindrops falling on her face.

She was so into her thoughts she didn't even feel it. Her hair, her clothes.. everything was wet.

The breeze brought chills to her skin and she started shivering yet the anger in her made it seemless.

"What's wrong with you?!"

Jungkook grabbed Hyejin's wrist and dragged her to his car while she tried to free herself from his grip. He quickly opened the passenger door but the girl stood still.

"It's fucking raining. Just go inside so we can talk."

"I don't fucking care—"

"Don't be difficult!" Jungkook groaned in complete disbelief while Hyejin was still in trance, not understanding why it couldn't work; their friendship.

"Why are you still like this? Why are you still stubborn? Why can't we make it work?"

"LET'S JUST TALK INSIDE !" Jungkook yelled out in furry, impatience rising in his veins, "FUCKING GO IN THIS CAR !"

"DON'T FUCKING YELL AT ME ! I'M NOT THAT HYEJIN WHO USED TO LET IT GO ANYMORE ! YOU BETTER FUCKING WATCH YOUR TONE—"

Then her mind went blank.

Hyejin's eyes widened.

This wasn't unfamiliar. This feeling. This sensation. In fact, she knew it perfectly. It invaded her whole.

His lips.

Jungkook held her face with both hands and pressed his lips against hers.

He was as taken aback as her.

He didn't know how or why he was doing that. He lost all control on his action.

She was annoying him. She was pulling every strings linking his brain to his heart.

He wanted to shut her up and his heart guided his actions.

Jungkook could feel his heart go faster while Hyejin's skipped a beat.

Their lips moved together as Hyejin returned the kiss. It felt like it was just right, like they belonged together.

A few seconds later, Jungkook pulled away and rested his forehead on hers.

The rain was still pouring on the two making it seem like a scene out of a movie.

"Why did you do that?" Hyejin began, starting to feel the guilt filling her up.

Jungkook shrugged, "Can we talk now?"

"I—" Hyejin stumbled on her words. She was overwhelmed by the entire situation.

Her eyes wandered everywhere. "What am I doing.. You're in a relationship. I can't be doing this.."

"Hyejin—"

"No! I can't be like the girls you cheated on me with! This is not me!"

"Hyejin, please.." Jungkook pleaded.

He let go of his guard and was ready to be completely transparent with her; ready to tell her everything that's been going on in his head since she came back.

"I'm sorry Jungkook." She pushed herself away from him. She watched his expression fall as his eyes softened with sadness and sorrow, "Let's just stop being around each other. Let's.. let's just cut it all off."

"What 'all' ?" He asked in hope that she didn't mean what he thought.

"Everything. Let's not exist for one another anymore."