16 | fresh new day

Start from the beginning

"Likewise." The man spoke with a resonating tone before looking at (Y/N). She slightly jumped when she saw him looking at her with his stoic expression. "Did you get a manager?"

"Yes, this is (L/N) (Y/N)."

"I-It's nice to m-meet you." (Y/N) politely greeted and bowed. She was pretty confident and never stuttered before when introducing herself, but for some reason, the man in front of her intimidated her.

He bowed back. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm Ushijima Wakatoshi."

"I think you're scaring her, Wakatoshi-kun." Tendou patted the latter's shoulder.

"Oh, please excuse me for scaring you."

"Nono, it's all right." (Y/N) waved her hands as a dismissal to his apology.

"Oi, Tendou!" Semi called from the other side of the court. "The game's about to start!"

"Ohoho, I think we'll be going now then. See you later!" Tendou spun around and jogged back to his side of the court.

"I wish your team good luck, we won't be going easy," Ushijima simply told Sakusa.

"You too." With that, the two aces walked to their designated side. The tension in the air rose as the two teams looked at one another.

"Let's have a good game!"

The match started with Yoneda serving and Iizuna, Sakusa, and Matsushima in the front. The ball went directly to Tendou, who passed it to Shirabu. Naturally, Matsushima knew that he was going to set to Ushijima and went up for the block.

"Argg!" Matsushima grimaced as Ushijima easily spiked past his block. Thankfully, Komori was ready to receive the ball, but it somewhat went haywire.

Iizuna still managed to set the ball to Sakusa, who spiked the block off of Tendou's fingertips, earning them the first point.

Despite Komori's libero skills, Ushijima still managed to gain some points from spiking the ball off of Komori's arms. (Y/N) got chills as she watched the match play out. Everyone's forearms were red from receiving each other's spikes.

Matsushima was able to block some of Ushijima's spike, which shocked the schools attending the training camp, and members of Shiratorizawa were left baffled by the sight. Every time Matsushima got the chance to block Ushijima's spikes, the room was in an uproar.

Itachiyama was a team everyone needed to be careful around.

Long rallies between the two teams happened very often, and (Y/N) would get anxious from just watching them. She had to grab her seat to prevent her from jumping up whenever something extraordinary happened. It was painful not to be able to jump and shout whenever she wanted to. She had to keep her composure.

"Is that Shiratorizawa against Itachiyama?" A spectator pointed out to his friend.

"It looks like Itachiyama is currently ahead! That's unbelievable!"

"I've never seen Shiratorizawa lose a game."

"Is it even possible for them to lose?"

"I have no idea. But then again, I heard that Itachiyama is actually from Tokyo!"

"Aren't Tokyo teams like really good?"

"I don't know, never seen them play."

The score was now 24 to 23 with Itachiyama at match-point. Shiratorizawa played hard not to let the ball touch the ground.

Itachiyama's defence was good along with their offence making it difficult for Shiratorizawa, who mainly focused on their offence.

Itachiyama finally won the point when Sakusa spiked the ball off of Kawanishi's fingers, causing it to fly into the back wall on Shiratorizawa's side.