"No, uhm.." I scanned the restaurant to see if Janice was already here. I spotted her seated at the table we always used to sit at. "I'm with her." I smiled.

"Okay, here's your menu and do you want a menu for him?" She smiled at Chad.

"No, it's fine. Thank you." I smiled before walking towards Janice.

"What's up, girl." I sat at the table she was at.

"Hey you two." She smiled before pinching Chad's cheek. "You looking so handsome."

Chad covered his face while smiling.

"He's so fake." I giggled.

"I'm surprised mama or daddy ain't got him."

"Nah, they always be wanting my baby. I'm keeping him for a while then he can spend some time with them."

"Mm, and I'm surprised you not with August." She sipped her drink.

"I don't be with him all the time." I smirked. "It's just that we coincidentally hang out with each other."

"Girl, anyway." She rolled her eyes. "I was going to call mama and daddy to meet with us too, but I really didn't feel like hearing they mouths, so I called the only person I knew I could trust not to tell them until I'm ready to."

"Uh, is everything okay?" I frowned.

She got quiet for a few seconds before taking a deep breath. "So I haven't been staying at home lately.."

"Why not? Where have you been staying?"

"I've been with Andreas for the past week. I'm scared to be alone, Celiné. Andreas figured it would make me feel better if the people close to me knew what I was going through so that I could maybe feel more protected."

"Can you stop beating around the bush and just tell me."

"Last Monday, I was coming home from work and I noticed I was being followed, but I didn't think much of it. I was super tired, just rushing to get home so I can go to sleep. It was a guy from the strip club who followed me home. He was angry with me because I didn't give him a personal dance for free. He took all my money I had made that night and he hit me." She rolled up her dress a little bit and I could see bruises all over her legs.

"Oh my god, why didn't you call me? I would've came, you could've been staying with me."

"I know, but that's not the only thing." She pushed her hair back. "I called Andreas because I am- was pregnant with his baby." She sniffed. "He's been there for me and he was just the first person to come to mind."

"Janice, I am so so sorry." I held her hand. "I understand if you don't want to tell mom and dad any of this, it's hard." I wiped her tears. "But it would really make me feel better if you just come stay with me and Chad. Andreas seems cool and all but I want to make sure you're okay."

"I'll come, but I won't stay long. I'll feel comfortable enough to go back home soon."

"You can stay with me for as long as you want." I smiled. "I promise I don't mind. Have you talked to your boss about any of this?"