Chapter 16.

Celiné

Since me and August were both free today, he asked if he could take Chad and I out. Unfortunately, my parents wanted Chad for the day so I let them.

Right now me and August were drying off in his car after leaving the pool.

"You can turn your heater off now. My nose is burning." I giggled.

"What time you gotta go get Chad?" He sat back in his seat and looked at me.

"No time. They're keeping him all day. Something about spending more time with him." I shrugged.

"Is there anything else you wanna do?"

"Nope. Is there anything you want to do? I feel like we're always doing stuff I enjoy."

"Because the shit I enjoy, I know you won't." He laughed.

"Try me." I smiled.

"Basketball." He spoke. "I know yo ass can't play no ball though."

"Please. I played all throughout middle school and I played point guard."

"Oh really now? Aight then." He put his car in reverse. "Let's see what you really bout then."
-
We drove back to his house so he could change into his basketball shorts and he ended up giving me a pair as well.

Since August is hella skinny and I have the fattest thighs ever, they fit on me like biking shorts.

He had his own basketball hoop in his backyard and it had to be standing at seventeen feet.

"You wanna go first?" He threw the basketball my way.

"Yes. Let the best show you how it's done." I smirked.

I dribbled it a few times before trying to make my way around him, but he successfully blocked me and took the ball, making a hoop.

"You might as well just gon' head and give up ma." He laughed.

"How the hell did you get it in the basket so smooth?" I took the ball from him.

"I can show you." He took it back and stood behind me. "You see where your target is right?" He referred to the rim. "Na' turn around and look at me for a few seconds."

I did as told and he handed me the ball and turned me back around. "Now when you gettin' ready to shoot, make sho' yo wrist ain't tensed up. Relax it." He spoke. "Now shoot."

I threw the ball and it went right into the hoop.

"I did it." I smiled. "What was the whole turning around part for?"

"Because, in a real game, you gon' be turned around from yo rim so you gotta remember where it's at. Plus, I just wanted to see ya' face again." He smiled.

I looked at him and smiled. "That was so corny, but cute."

"Yea, I know you like corny niggas."

"I do not like corny niggas." I giggled. "I just like cute niggas."

"Cute?" He frowned. "I don't fit yo description then. This nigga right hea' handsome." He threw the basketball in the hoop once more.