Chapter 10.

Celiné

Celiné

"So how do I do this?" I asked August sister in law, Cha. We were busy trying to do crotchet blankets. This was something she did for the homeless kids.

She makes blankets, hats, scarves, all sorts of stuff. She even makes custom shirts.

"Just continue making loops for me, I'll do the rest." She handed me a thinner needle.

"Cha, why you got this girl over hea' doin' this granny shit?" Melvin came and sat with us.

"She volunteered to help me. Aren't you supposed to be helping your brothers with them boxes?" She looked at him.

"Nah, them boys got it." He waved off. "Ya name Celiné, correct?"

"Correct." I spoke, trying to concentrate on the loops.

"Wassup with you and my baby brother? Y'all kicking it?"

"Melvin." Cha nudged him.

I laughed a little bit. "Me and him are just friends."

"For now though, right? I can see y'all in the future already." He grinned.

I could feel my cheeks getting hot and it was probably noticeable that I was blushing.

"I'm gonna go get some water." I smiled, putting down the yarn and needle.

I walked over to the table with water and snacks and grabbed one. I looked out the window and watched August and his brother Travis take boxes out of the truck. I was mostly watching August though.

He looked really sexy and he wasn't even trying. Today he has on a plain white t shirt, it was really white and very crisp, with his black jeans and his white air forces. I smiled at how simple he was.

"Mrs." I felt someone tugging on my shirt, taking my attention from August.

I turn around and see a little boy.

"Hi." I smiled. "You okay?"

"Yea, can you fix this..?" He held out a pair of headphones... completely broke.

"Uhm.." I took the two pieces out of his hand. "I can't fix this sweetheart. How'd you break them?"

"I accidentally stepped on them while playing. They belong to my sister and she's going to be mad at me if she finds out."

The headphones seemed really cheap and easy to break anyway but they probably meant a lot to his sister. I could tell he was upset about it.

"Okay, how about this..." I walked over to the trash can. "Don't tell your sister about this at all, okay? I'm gonna go to the store and get a pair just like those, she'll never notice."

"O-Okay." He smiled a bit.

I smiled as he walked away before going to grab my keys and purse. I walked outside and before I could get in my car, I heard August calling my name. I watched him run over to me.

"You leaving already?" He opened my car door for me.

"No, I'm just going to the store real fast. One of the kids broke their headphones and I felt bad." I shrugged.

"You want me to ride with you?"

"Yea, come on." I smiled.

"Aight, let me go let Trav know." He spoke before walking away.
-
What was supposed to be a small trip to walmart ended up being longer than expected because I easily get stuck in this store. I ended up finding the exact headphones and they aren't cheap at all but I didn't care.

"Aye let's take a picture." He pulled me in front of one of the tall mirrors before pulling out his phone.

"August, I look bad right now." I was about to walk away until he wrapped his arm around me.

"You look good." He flipped the camera and started taking pictures. "Smile guh'!" He pinched me.

"Okay." I laughed before posing with him.

We took a few more before he finally stopped.

"You better not post any of those either." I looked up at him.

"Social media ain't really me." He shook his head. "But I do post everything on snap." He grinned.

"Oh my god.." I pushed the cart.

"We look cute don't we?" He showed me one of the pictures.

"Huh... we do." I smiled. "Send me these." I swiped through before he made me stop.

"You swiping too fast in my gallery." He chuckled.

"You got nasty stuff in your gallery?" I looked at him. "Let me find out." I giggled.

"Man, come on before they think we missing." He laughed.
_
Derrick

"Yea, I just got here..yea, I'll call you once I leave." I spoke before hanging the phone up. I got out my car and locked it. I looked around the parking lot and spotted a familiar face.

It was Celiné.. with another guy. She was laughing and all while putting their bags in her car.

Who the hell is this guy?

He actually looked real familiar too, I've seen him somewhere around here.

I shook my head and continued my walk inside the store.
-
Copyright © 2018 YumGucci

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator,".