Chapter 3.

August

August

"You got everything?" I asked Celiné as she zipped up the bag I bought her so she could carry her stuff in it.

"Yes." She moved her hair out of her face. "We can go."

I let her out the room first before following behind her down to the lobby.

I watched her walk over to the elevators before shaking my head.

"That's all you, I don't fuck wit' elevators." I spoke to her as I walked towards the steps.

"Wait, I'll come with you." She caught up to me. "Why don't you like elevators?"

"That's a story fa' anotha' day." I smirked.

We walked outside and she instantly started looking for the bus stop.

"Aye, instead of waitin' on a bus, I can drive you." I spoke. "It ain't a problem." I shrugged.

"No, you've already done enough for me."

"Guh' if you'on get yo ass in this car." I took her bag out her hand and put it in the trunk. "Come on cus it's cold out'chea." I opened the passenger door for her.
-
"Ugh, my sister is here." She rolled her eyes while taking off her seatbelt.

"What, you'on like your sister?"

"She's just.. annoying." She sighed. "I really appreciate you, for everything."

"It was nothin'." I waved ha off. "Hope you get ya son from ol' dude."

"I will." She smiled. "Bye, August." She waved before getting out.
-
"August!" Mr.Guerra cheered when I walked in the buildin'.

"Wassup brotha'." I gave him dap. "How things go last night?"

"Everyone was good, and everything was great." He nodded. "We do have a small issue." He lead me over to the bedding area.

I seen a baby sitting down playin' wit some of the toys.

"Who child 'dat is?" I looked at Guerra.

He shrugged. "A man just dropped him off. He didn't tell us his name or anything."

"Damn." I picked up the kid. "Wassup lil man?" I played wit' his hands.

"And look - This kid dressed like he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth."

Guerra wasn't lyin'. This kid was flya' than me.