"Have you ever made yourself a meal? Like in your whole life?" Harry asked, only slightly teasing.

Draco grimaced as he picked up a piece of lunch meat to put on a slice of bread. "No. I know some cooking spells, but that's about it. Is this even food?"

Harry laughed. "Yes, it's sliced turkey. Muggles put it on bread to make sandwiches."

"I know what a bloody sandwich is, Potter." Draco rolled his eyes. "I've just never seen meat like this."

"I think this adventure is going to be really insightful for you," Harry grinned. "You'll have to become more self-sufficient."

"I'm extremely self-sufficient, thank you."

"Not when it comes to not using magic."

"That's because I won't have to ever give up magic."

"Maybe not. But you shouldn't shun muggles way of life because you think you're better than them."

Draco paused and looked up at Harry. "One, I never said anything about shunning their way of life. Two, wizards and witches are better than muggles. We have magic."

"Just because we have magic doesn't make us better," Harry snapped. "It's that way of thinking that leads to blood prejudice just like Voldemort!"

Draco blanched and then narrowed his eyes. "Are you really comparing me to Vold—"

"For the love of Merlin!" Ron called from the other room. "Can we not say his name anymore? The name only brings bad luck."

"All right, fine," Harry called back.

Harry turned to look at Draco but he had already walked outside.

****

Draco wanted to keep walking but he knew it was idiotic to move past the wards. So, he settled on sitting under the tree next to the tent. He knew Harry was under a lot of stress but it didn't mean that he had to sit around and be verbally abused for no reason. He didn't even know why Harry started the argument in the first place. It was as if he wanted to fight.

"Draco."

Draco didn't turn at the familiar voice.

"Draco, I'm sorry," Harry sat next to Draco. "I don't know what came over me."

"Is that what you really think? That I still have my prejudices after everything?"

"Honestly, I don't know," Harry said. "I know you've changed but we've never really talked about your views."

Draco turned to look at him. "I've been cooped up with your friends for weeks now. Have I once called them by the nicknames that I used to? Have I ever called Granger a mudblood or Weasley a blood traitor?"

"No, but—"

"Have I spoken any ill words against muggles or Muggleborns? Even in the last few months that we've been together?"

"No—"

"No. Because you made me see that my old views are just that, old. I was taught from a young age that Purebloods were superior because we had pure wizard's blood. But I've got to school and seen witches and wizards thrive despite their blood. You and Granger being the best examples. And I've seen Purebloods be shit at magic. There is no reason behind a wizard's power, least of all blood. Some people are born with gifts and others strive for greatness. People who are prejudice against muggles and those of different blood are only scared of their own incompetence."

Harry seemed stunned. He slumped back against the tree. "Whoa. I didn't realize your views had changed so much."

"Well, you never asked, did you?"

"I'm sorry," Harry placed his hand on Draco's cheek. "I'll never doubt you again. You can be sure of that."

Draco kissed him. "Good, because if you do I'll hex the sense back into you."