Chapter 5

Happy birthday to one of the MOST GORGEOUS QUEENS out there -PEACHYPARKER  Happy 14th. Hope you had a wonderful day. Love Ya, girl.

Y/n's POV

I made my way towards Tom's house. Maybe Haz was right, I mean...You won't know unless you try, right? That's when the downpour started. It was raining cats and dogs but even that wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face. I found myself knocking on Tom's front door with my hair dripping and clothes soaking wet. Luckily nothing happened to the bouquet of roses in my hands.

The door flew open and I was met with the brown eyes I had grown to love. "Hi" I greeted with a smile on my face.

"No, thank you. We're not interested in buying anything." He said closing the door halfway. "I'm just kidding." He laughed, stepping aside. "Come on in."

"Thank you."

"Oh my god, Y/n. You're so wet...Let me get you a towel." He ran into another room for a minute before emerging with a towel. "Here let me help you." He said as he put the towel on top of my head before ruffling it in hopes of drying it. "You're gonna catch a cold."

"Tom, stop it." I squirmed out of his grip.

"Alright...much better." He guided me to the couch as we both took a seat. His eyes drifted to the roses in my hands. "Are those for me?" He smirked, reaching out to get the roses.

"No, that's for later." I huffed, swatting his hand away.

"Would you like anything to eat...maybe some tea?" He asked kindly.

"No...It's alright."

"Good...there's nothing at home anyway...I haven't gone shopping." He gave me a cheeky grin. "Hey, is that a new dress?"

"Yeah...do you like it?"

"No, it's horrendous...I hate it. Why would you buy it?" He asked with furrowed brows. I couldn't really tell if he was joking so I decided not to say anything. I instead pressed my lips in a thin line, giving him a small smile.

It was getting pretty awkward. I felt sick to my stomach, anxiety taking its place at its pit. I blurted out the first thing I could think of, in hopes of lessening the awkward tension that neither of us wanted to acknowledge. "So, it's...uh...raining outside." I awkwardly pointed my thumb towards the window behind me.

"I'm sitting indoors." He gave me a look.

"I know."

"Y/n...Of course I know it's raining outside. I can see through the window."

You know what? I'm just gonna say it and get it over with. "Tom...I...I...uh..."

"Are you okay? Whatever it is, you can tell me." He look concerned, as he affectionately placed his hand on my knee. A kind gesture to show me he was there to listen.

My heart swelled at that but...I can't do this! What was I even thinking? "You know what? I should be heading home." I quickly stood up.

"Y/n...come on...it's raining. I can't let you go out there. At least stay until the rain stops." He smiled, pulling me back down to sit back on the couch. "Now, what was it you wanted to tell me?" He sat up straighter.

"I..." Something caught my attention. It was a picture on the coffee table. It was a picture of Tom and a girl. "Who's this?" I asked.

Tom moved closer to me, pointing at the picture. "That's me." He smirked.