Chapter 19

Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement the day before the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Beauxbaton seemed to be the likely winner of the tournament, but many Hogwarts students were still rooting for a win. In the spirit of international cooperation, the champions from all three schools were hanging out and playing a light game of Quidditch. Malfoy was noticeably absence, but no one really cared much. Aries and Ana hadn't relaxed like this in months, and Drew Potter actually got along pretty well with the foreign champions.

Aries laughed as he dodged the Quaffle Ana tried to throw at him. He liked flying, but Quidditch had never really been his things. His mom always said that there was really only one thing a person can love fiercely, and his would always be the piano. He had been back in the Room of Requirements, as one of the Gryffindors told him it was called, a couple of times. It felt good to play again. At first, he played a few simple tunes, nothing too complicated, but then he wanted more. Before he knew it, a piece of sheet music and a pencil appeared on top of his piano. He still had one composition he really needed to finish.

Lost in his thoughts, Aries didn't notice Drew flying up next to him. Drew didn't say anything for a moment. He was intensely curious about Kalgarias, mostly because his parents also seemed to be. He knew that they and even Uncle Sirius had been digging into his background. No one wanted to tell him what was going on, and Rose was too young to notice anything odd going on. This was his last option.

Before Drew could even say a word, Aries said, "I'm not trying to steal your parents if that's what you're going to say."

Drew shook his head. "No, I just want to know what's going on," he insisted.

Aries nodded. "Fair enough," he responded. He respected the kid's honesty at least. "Your parents think that I am your long-lost big brother."

Drew opened his mouth and then shut it. He honestly wasn't sure what to say. He had grown up with Harry's shadow looming over his family. Ever since he a baby, Drew had heard the story of how his big brother had defeated the darkest wizard of all time. When he was little, he had wanted nothing more than to meet this hero brother of his, but his parents told him he had disappeared one day. Every big moment of his life, he could hear his parents thinking, 'I wish Harry could do this...' He wanted to meet his brother, he really did, but he was also jealous of him.

"And why would they think that?" Drew asked, raising his eyebrows.

Aries shrugged. "I don't know," he replied. "They're your parents. Ask them." If Aries thought this would drive Drew away, he was sadly mistaken. He just stood there, waiting for a response. "My mom was your brother's godmother. She wasn't too happy when they abandoned him."

"Abandoned him?" Drew repeated. "My parents told me that he disappeared when I was little."

Aries desperately wanted to roll his eyes, but he stopped himself. Of course the sainted Potters would spin the story to make themselves seem like victims. He had been trying really hard for his mom to forgive the Potters, and he had been forming a tentative bond with Mrs. Potter, but this sent him over the edge. He remembered all of Uncle Vernon's slaps and punches, Petunia's harsh words, being hungry all the time... His parents, whether or not they had good intentions, had sent him to Hell when he was a baby.

"Well, they lied," Aries said. "From what my mom told me, that isn't shocking."

Drew was too shocked to respond to the insult to his family, but someone else had heard it and was seething. Sirius had been watching his godson and Zana's son play Quidditch, and he tried to picture what Harry should look like. The kid could be under long-term glamours, but those could wear out or be removed easily. He would bet Zana had performed a blood adoption. They were taboo in most countries, but old families like the Blacks were known to perform them. Sirius imagined it wasn't hard for Zana to convince her grandfather to perform the ritual. She was the youngest grandchildren and definitely the favorite.