Trapped

Sundew leapt from one branch to another, with the grace of a panther stalking her prey. She was at home in the trees.
The only other dragon visible that moved with any elegance through the trees, was Queen Glory.
Yes. The Queen of the Rainwings and
Nightwings was escorting her and Meilo to the animus touched tunnel, specifically the one that spits you out into the Nightwing's former home, the volcano.
     After the war with the Othermind,
the volcano island was found to be less than a days flight from Pantala, so
some dragons who wanted a connection between the Lost Continent and the Distant Kingdoms made a passage to Pantala
     Also with them was Deathbringer.
The Queen's loyal bodyguard, who would not leave her side for anything, no matter what.
"Sundew— gasp— how are you—
gasp— so fast!" Meilo managed to
ask in between wheezes
     "Practice." Replied Sundew.  She rolled her eyes and continued, "Lots of time spent running around the jungle"
     "We're here." Queen Glory broke in.
They landed on the ground next to a stream. A huge boulder sat with its gaping black mouth facing the sort-of clearing they were standing in.
"Finally. I thought I was going to die if I had to"— Meilo cut herself off with a gasp "I forgot how it looked!"
The Silkwing turned to face Sundew, then said, "That's the one, right?
Sundew, who hadn't said much the whole time, shook her head and
replied, "No, I think, it's in a tree,
remember? Maybe, that one?" She motioned to a maroon colored tree with thick bark.
     The Queen pointed to a pair of dark brown trees with her tail. "It's in the one on the left side of the stream. I wish I could go with you, but I have queenly duties to attend." She said with a sigh.
"Hey! You didn't tell me you wanted to go!" Someone farther back said, hurt.
"Three Moons Deathbringer!  You might be my bodyguard, but that doesn't warrant you knowing every thought in my head! What is wrong with you!?"
Glory yelled, then more quietly added, just for the two dragons in front of her,
"Seriously! He stalks me, and wants to know everything I even think!"

"Ha!" Meilo said, obviously wanting to hear more.

"Can we get going now!" Sundew said impatiently

     "Yes of course, goodbye and take care!" The Queen called after them as they flew up to the hole. Sundew landed on a wobbly branch. Meilo went first, and Sundew followed.
"Don't know about you, but this is a freaky tunnel." Meilo shivered as the tunnel sloped down and down.
"Eh, could be wor—" she cut off as the tunnel shuddered. "Okay! Worse! What do you think that was?"
"A reason to run?" She replied nervously.
As they reached a turn, they both felt the tunnel beginning to shake, and some dust was falling from the ceiling.
     "Run!" Sundew yelled
Oh no! Is the tunnel going to collapse on us! NO! We will make it to the end!
Run faster! Come on!
As they ran, chunks of the ceiling
bigger than Sundew's fist started falling on them, and Meilo was screaming her head off. One of the boulders hit Meilo's neck square in the center, and Sundew leapt forward, shoving her forward. As annoying as Meilo was, Sundew was not letting her get trapped in the tunnel. A rock would have fallen on Sundew's tail, but she whipped it away at the last second. But as she threw her body to the side to avoid another, her wing got snagged on the wall, and with a heave, she ripped it free, but the delay let a rock fall straight down onto her wing-bone, and with a loud Crack! her wing hung limply to the side. She couldn't move it, so she let it drag.
    In the dark tunnel, she followed the faint hint of light up ahead, not caring that some of her pouches were ripped off, and put on her last burst of speed. She was doing her best to dodge the biggest boulders, but lots of small rocks fell, and would definitely give her lots of bruises.

Sundew ran as fast and as hard as she could, and finally, finally she burst out of the hole and onto a platform that was not shaking.
She looked around, and saw Meilo, unconscious, but alive. She looked back at the tunnel, but saw it was completely blocked, and still shaking. She collapsed on the ground, breathing heavily, exhausted.
I had best treat my wing, and try to figure out how we can get off this island. Well, because of course, a broken wing and whatever injuries the Silkwing sustained, would be impossible to fly off the volcano with.

-Hours later

"Sundew?" A hoarse voice whispered behind the furious green dragon.
"Sundew?" The voice whispered, louder this time. Sundew turned to see Meilo, a puzzled look on the bedraggled Silkwing's snout.
     "Where are we?" She asked looking around, but moving her head as little as possible. "And why does my neck hurt so badly?
Sundew looked up at the gray sky, and sighed.
"We are at the volcano, and a stone fell on your neck. Naturally,
We would fly straight outta here, but my wing is broken, and your neck is hurt. In what way, I'm not sure. To get off here, we can either send a signal, or we can try to heal here and wait it out."
     They both sat still for a moment, Sundew and Meilo both thinking their own thoughts, and Sundew's were probably the more interesting of the two. And you probably thought I was going to tell you them! Hah!
     Unnoticed by the two dragons, a crack of light was coming up from the horizon. Also unnoticed was the tiniest bit of smoke from the lightening sky.
Well, unnoticed for now. And that tiny bit of smoke just might have been from a burning Hive.

     "Look!" Yelled Meilo, interrupting
the inevitably small moment of silence they had just had. "Is that smoke?"
Sundew looked up from her brooding and squinted at the horizon, her
eagle-sharp eyes picking up on dark gray cloud in the distance. In a moment her eyes were lit up, and she said,
"Meilo, give me a long thread of silk, as long as you can, okay?"
     The Silkwing complied, but not without giving Sundew a puzzled look.
The leafwing started ripping off most of her pouches, and piling them in a heap.
"The silk is ready, Sundew." Said Meilo.
Sundew pulled all her flammable items out, and found she had a bit of pine. Pine was perfect, because it made the fire bigger and brighter. She also had plenty of other plants, meant for burning Hives. She made a simple pile, then stepped back to inspect it.
She stepped over to Meilo to gather the silk and walked back to her pile, carefully wrapping the silk around her pile of pouches, then laying it in a line to a lava lake. She threw the end of the silk into the lava, and jumped back, gritting her teeth against the pain of her broken wing. Immediately it burst into flames and slowly wound back to the fire she had built.
That set on fire too, and soon the sky was full of smoke, and the two of them sat there waiting, waiting for the Pantalans to find them.
"Well, while we wait, I'll go through the seeds we gathered." The Leafwing said. She searched through her remaining pouches, tearing some of them off in the process.
"Do you have them? Are they back in the tunnels?" The hurt Silkwing said, tensing up as if she could rush into the blocked tunnel and find them.
"Hmmmmm..... Found them! Right here. We still have almost all of them."

Time Skip———

Meilo gasped "Look Sundew, it's them!
As Sundew whirled around, she saw five dark spots in the sky, slowly growing is size, turning from black specks to small dark dots, to the shape of dragons. "Let's just hope they are here to rescue us." Sundew said.
     Soon they were able to tell that they were LeafWings, most likely some of Queen Hazel's guards, definitely trustworthy.
     The LeafWings came spiraling down in formation, and finally, finally, they were safe.

1906 words counting the last chapter. Wow! Anyways, if I get enough views, I might continue.
Thank you guys so, so much for reading. And
STORYTELLRWOF
Is the contest holder, and all chapters
After this do not count for the contest.

-Caltrops.