Chapter 9: School Dance

It was finally the day of the school dance. Sakura and I had agreed to go to her house after school to get ready. So I took all my things with me to school and carried them to her house.

We were walking down the normal route home when I noticed her gravitating towards the street that passed by Saint Madara Academy.

Oh man, I can't go that way...

"Hey Sakura-chan, can we take the longer way to your house?" I asked as I saw her about to take the turn down the forbidding street.

"Huh? But this way is faster," she complained.

Ugh, how am I suppose to tell her I can't go that way because my time traveling husband told me not to?! Come on Naruko, think!

"Uh um...I just wanna--grab a snack! You know, we can pass by our favorite stall and buy some dango before we head to your house...!"

Sakura looked at me in suspicion before agreeing with me. "Why not? I'm kinda in the mood for dango now that you mention it~"

I sighed in relief as we continued down the normal route home. 

"Aren't you excited, Naruko?! In just a few hours we'll be dancing like crack heads in the gym, haha!"

I laughed with her as I imagined us dancing away in the middle of the school gym. For as long as I could remember, Sakura and I had always been together doing the craziest things. She had always been my date to every event. She was my partner in crime, my best friend.

"Yeah, remember last year when I accidentally shoved Kiba into the punch bowl?"

"Oh God, that was priceless!" laughed Sakura.

"Kiba was freaking pissed! He even tried to throw the food at me!"

"I swear that kid is in love with you, Naruko."

"Eww no way! Dog boy and I would never happen, trust me."

"Whatever you say~" she teased as we approached the dango stand. We ordered our sweets and returned to walking towards her house.

"So~ Do you think Kakashi-senpai's going to ask you to dance~?" she asked.

"I hope so! Ahhh I would melt if he did!" I squealed happily. "Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but I'm pretty sure senpai lowkey has a thing for me...Look." I took out my phone to show her the countless hours of messaging my senpai and I had exchanged over the course of a few days.

"Damn Naruko, look at you!" she shouted while holding my phone. "He definitely has to have a thing for you. What kinda guy actually replies quickly or holds a two hour conversation if they weren't interested?"

"Right?!" My phone vibrated in her hand, showing a new message from my senpai.

"He texted first!" Shouted Sakura excitedly.

I quickly grabbed the phone to read his message.

Senpai

Hey

I was wondering if I'll see you in our usual spot

Sakura turned over to me in confusion. "Usual spot? You didn't tell me you guys were seeing each other~"

I blushed lightly at her tease. "We just run into each other sometimes."

"Uh huh~"

I rolled my eyes playfully while replying to Kakashi-senpai.

Naruko