"Heh?!" Akagi shouted. "Why eat nabemono in the summer?!" She protested and frowned.

"It's raining! Don't be noisy and quickly invite your friends to eat!" Her mother rebuked.

Akagi pouted.

"Yudo..ufu?"

"Huh?" The girl saw a change in Akashi's expression. "Why? You like it? Do you want to eat?"

He looks embarrassed before nodding. Discard his face and avoid Akagi's gaze.

'Eh, is he shy?'

Akagi grinned. Showing her sweet smile.

"Then dry your hair. Hurry up and go to the dining table." Akagi rubbed Akashi's hair with a towel then pulled the towel from his head. Showing his pale skin that contrasts with his eyes and flaming hair. Akagi was stunned for a moment. He is very handsome. Like really.

"Fuck.." Akagi muttered.

"Huh?" Akashi looked at her.

"Ah nothing." Akagi swung her hand in front of her face. "Let's eat."

Akashi suddenly grabbed her wrist. Jerked it once and pulled Akagi closer towards him. He planted his gaze into Akagi's scarlet eyes and with his thumb, he was caressing the tip of the girl's lips who couldn't stop staring at him.

"Such a foul mouth." He whispered.

Akagi widen her eyes.

"Sei! Let's eat quickly!" Her mother's voice pulled them back to reality and Akashi loosen his grip.

"L-let's eat. S-shall we?" Akagi sputtered.

'OMG! Am I still alive?!'

—

"Thank you for the food." Akashi bowed his head towards Akagi's parents. Then showed the sweetest smile to them.

"Onii-san." Akio called out to him.

Akashi looked at Akagi's younger brother.

"Do you know that you are very handsome?"

"Oh, really?"

Akio nodded so many times.

"You're really handsome. How could you be friends with an ugly duckling like my sister?"

Akagi snorted.

"Do you have a death wish?!" She rebuked him.

"Hey young man." Akagi's father called Akashi and grinned. "Can you play shogi or go?"

Akashi smiled thinly.

"Of course. I really like and good at playing shogi."

"Heeeh?" Akagi screamed while still pulling Akio's hair. "You? Play shogi?"

Akagi's father looked so happy. His eyes sparkled when he found out that Akashi was good at playing shogi.

"Is it alright if I defeat you Akagi-san?" Akashi asked politely.

"Of course it's OK! Hahaha! But I will try to win."

Akagi blinked her eyes. Was that the same Akashi who always said harsh things to her? Akashi who was sitting with his father looked very different. He's just like other people.

She crumpled the tip of her shorts.

'Who exactly are you, Akashi Seijūrō?'

"Whaaaaat? I am lost? No way!!"

Akashi smiled when he saw Akagi's father's reaction. That middle-aged man sort of did not believe that he had just been defeated by a first-year high school guy. He repeatedly saw his shogi board but no matter how many times he observed it, he did indeed the one who lost.

"Haaah, this is the first time I've lost. You're really great young man. Your strategy is truly extraordinary."

He pouted. Then laugh again.

"We will play again sometime!"

"I'm sure you'll lose again, father." Akagi snickered.

For some reason she was sure that Akashi's ability to play was far above her father's.

"Ah, but your strategy is also good Akagi-san. I'm impressed. Usually I will win in a no time. But I need a decent amount of time to defeat you. That means you are a strong opponent." Akashi briefly bowed his head again.

'Ugh! What's wrong with all this polite Akashi? So weird!'

Just seeing him made Akagi think more. Whether is it the same Akashi as she ecountered before or not.

The rain had stopped and Akashi's clothes were dry. He changed the t-shirt he borrowed with his basketball jacket. Akagi's mother forced him to bring an umbrella and some yudoufu's for his teammates. Akagi still held the t-shirt which Akashi had just worn when she took that red head to the terrace. It feels a little bit cold after the rain.

"Be careful." Akagi said. She chewed her lower lip. Felt all nervous. "Thank you for returning my student card."

Akashi nodded.

"The food is nice."

He walked away without bid a goodbye. When he arrived near the fence he turned to face Akagi.

"Your family is very kind, Seira-san." He said shortly before he walked away from Akagi's house.

Akagi stand still at the door. Her face feels warm. Her hand suddenly straddled the shirt that Akashi was wearing near her face. She buried her face in the t-shirt and inhaled the smell that left by him.

'God, I'm sure I'm crazy now'

*****

Note:
*Yudoufu is a Japanese nabemono (hot pot) dish consisting of tofu simmered in a clay pot with kombu (edible kelp) stock. The dish is often served with garnishes such as scallions, ginger, shichimi tougarashi (a Japanese spice mixture containing seven different spices), and/or grated daikon (an East and Southeast Asian radish). The tofu itself can also be dipped into various sauces - usually ponzu (a citrus-based sauce), but a mixture of soy sauce, mirin, sake, and dashi can be used as well. Like other nabemono, yudoufu is most popular during the colder months.