F i v e

Over the next few days, Talia could not bring herself to respond to any texts or calls that came her way from Trent

Over the next few days, Talia could not bring herself to respond to any texts or calls that came her way from Trent. After spending a few hours alone, trying to understand what had just happened, she returned to the music room, and continued to work with Dante on their new song. However, all the spirit had gone out of her, and she didn't really feel like doing anything. After a while, Dante had virtually kicked her out of the house, telling her to go on a long walk to clear her head. Even that hadn't really helped, however, and she'd come back feeling just as rotten. She spent three quarters of an hour taking out her emotions on the piano, and only then did she begin to feel as though she could function again. By the end of the next day, however, her two eldest brothers felt it necessary to stage an intervention. Talia could be moody, they knew that. But never for so long, and never so upset as this.

"Phoenix! Dante!" Their father's voice could be heard, calling to them from the front hall, a few days later. "Can you come and explain this to me, please?"

It was fairly late in the afternoon. The four siblings were all in the living room, having heard the front door open, but paid no mind to it. They were busy watching a Sidemen Sunday video, which had become a thing that they did together ever since Tom had discovered the YouTube group almost seven years ago. The two eldest Harringtons glanced at one another, before reluctantly standing, and heading into the hall, closing the door to the living room behind them.

"What do you think it is?" Wondered Tom, glancing briefly at his sister, before his eyes returned to the screen, which had been paused.

Talia shrugged, cluelessly.

"If Phoenix was involved, it could honestly have been anything from smashing the neighbours window with a football to graffitiing Buckingham Palace."

"Buckingham Palace might be a stretch, even for Phoenix," said Tom, with a laugh. "He might get there himself, but he wouldn't drag Dante there."

"Init," Talia chuckled. "Dante hates London, who knows why."

Tom stood up, and picked up his empty mug, before heading to the door.

"I'm getting a hot choc refill," he said. "Who knows how long those two will be."

As he opened the door, voices could be heard, filtering through from the front hall.

"So, you're the Trent who's dating Talia," their father's voice could be heard.

Tom and Talia turned to stare at each other, Tom in amusement, and Talia in alarm.

"I'm not here," she muttered, with a sigh. "I don't want to see him."

Tom laughed, and left the room, heading for the kitchen. A few minutes, later, however, the door opened again, and this time when Talia raised her eyes, she was met with a bunch of flowers, and Trent.

"You're kidding," she muttered, shaking her head. "How did you even find my house, Trent?"

Trent smiled at her weakly.