F o u r

Returning home to Liverpool, after spending two glorious weeks in sun drenched Mykonos, felt like being dunked in a tub of ice

Returning home to Liverpool, after spending two glorious weeks in sun drenched Mykonos, felt like being dunked in a tub of ice. Talia and Dante had plans to begin writing the sheet music for a new original song, the tune of which had been floating around in the air the entire time they'd been on holiday. Trent and Talia had parted ways, with promises to text each other, and had been doing so regularly. However, she'd told him she needed time to work on this today, and not to be surprised if she didn't reply as quickly as she usually did. Dante teased her that it was nice to see his sister without the phone attached to her hand, but she batted him away, telling him to go and work out how he wanted the piece to sound.

"Do we want this to be a duet or a solo?" Asked Talia.

"I was honestly thinking solo," said Dante. "So many of our comments have been about wanting more solo arrangements, so if it's possible I think that's probably the best idea."

"True," Talia nodded. "There was just that one bit at the end that I thought could be better as a duet, otherwise it may be too difficult to even play."

She laid down her pencil, and moved over to their Steinway grand, which their YouTube money had bought them, before demonstrating the part of the music she was referring to.

"And then you play the octaves in the bass..."

"Oh, I see what you mean," nodded her brother. "Okay, let me work on that and see if I can make it sound alright as a solo."

"Right," Talia nodded, moving back to her music score book, which was balanced on top of their electric keyboard, and trying to write down the opening lines of the song.

Their keyboard could be plugged in to a computer or a laptop, and whatever was played on it would be automatically generated as a music score in the computer program they had there. However, the opening phrases were particularly difficult, and unless you hit the keyboard notes perfectly, you made a lot of work for yourself later when you had to remove all the wrong notes, and add in all the missing ones. Until Talia had perfected the piece, writing it by hand was easier.

@dante_harrington:

🏷 talia_harringtonLiked by rileyyy and others

🏷 talia_harrington
Liked by rileyyy and others...

💬back to the grind 🎹 new songs coming soon!

Ten minutes later, Dante glanced over at his sister to see her staring out the window, her pencil in her mouth, and a dreamy look on her face.

"You are unbelievable, Talia Harrington."

"What?" Asked Talia, returning to the present with a jolt, and turning to look at her brother with a somewhat guilty look on her face.

"You know exactly what I mean," He rolled his eyes at her playfully. "You're dreaming about lover boy again."

"Oh shut up," she retorted. "Let me work."

"Oh, because you were doing so much of that when I looked over!"

"Hey, guys, look at this!" Said Phoenix, suddenly entering the room.

"Phoenix get out, we're busy," said Dante.

"No seriously, you're gonna want to see this. Talia's famous now."

"What?" Asked Talia, with a laugh. She held out her hand, and accordingly, Phoenix passed her his phone.

Talia's eyes skimmed over the page, and as she did so, all the blood seemed to train from her face. She could barely believe what she was seeing, and suddenly, everything was making sense.

It was an article, written by a member of the press in Mykonos. They'd spotted her and Trent sitting on the wall, eating their food after their visit to the aquarium.

"He's a footballer," she said, flatly, turning to look at her brothers. "He's like... an actual footballer."

"Wait, you didn't know?" Asked Phoenix incredulously, as Dante moved over, and snatched the phone from his sisters hands, wanting to read the article himself.

"Of course I didn't know... wait, you did?!"

"Talia, you're dating Trent Alexander-Arnold!" Dante exclaimed, turning to stare at her. "How did you not... how did WE not know this! Phoenix did you recognise him when we saw him at the restaurant that one time?"

"No, of course not," Phoenix shook his head. "He was much too far away."

"He told me he worked for a football club," said Talia. "I didn't think it would be as an actual footballer!"

"That's crazy, T," Phoenix shook his head. "But how would you not recognise him, you've watched so many Liverpool games with us!"

"I don't remember their faces," Talia sighed. "And we were in Mykonos! I'd sooner expect to meet a player here than on some random island in the Mediterranean!"

"At least we know our sister's not a gold digger," Dante shrugged.

"Why wouldn't he tell me something so important about his life?" Asked the brunette girl. She felt upset, and a little betrayed by him. She'd trusted him, and it seemed to her like that had been a mistake.

"No, T, be reasonable," said Phoenix. "Maybe he wanted you to see him as a normal person, not as some famous dude."

"That's no reason to be dishonest," Talia shook her head. "If he trusted me, he would have just told me. Maybe not the first time we met, but come on, we spent nearly all of our time together!"

She stood up, laying down her pencil.

"Where are you going?" Asked Dante, a little warily.

"I'm going to my room," she sighed. "I need to think."

"It'll be okay, T. I'm sure he didn't mean..."

"Just leave it, Phoenix, alright?" She said, tiredly. "I appreciate the concern, but... I don't know. I'm starting to wonder if guys are worth it at all."

"No offence taken," said Dante, laying a hand to his heart.

"You know what I mean. I'll be down to finish the song later."

"Okay," he shrugged. "I hope you work it out."

talia_harrington started following trentaa66

~.~.~.~