Chapter 12: The Battle for Lilith

Start from the beginning

As the two groups are beginning to think that the enemy has given up, the grim reapers start to rush forward with new vigor in their attacks. The grim reapers advance quickly and catch the devils off guard. While Mia is busy helping several children that were stuck in the area a grim reaper attacks her. She is able to partially dodge the blow as instead of cutting her in half it only cuts into her side. The grim reaper starts laughing, "No matter. The curse of my weapon will kill you soon enough." Seeing what happened Kiba, Irina, and Xenovia rush over to engage the devil in combat. Irina says to Mia, "Hurry and go find Asia. She may be able to get you healed up." Mia takes off to find Asia. The grim reaper still laughing says, "There is no hope for that girl now. The scythe of a high class grim reaper always claims its victim. She will die soon enough." Xenovia yells at the grim reaper, "Just exactly who are you, that you think you can hurt one of our friends." The grim reaper replies, "I am Zeno and I have sealed her fate already." The trio of sword wielders rush in to battle him and slow the waves of the enemy attacks.

Meanwhile in the same area the remaining Gusion and Gremory forces are working to stop another grim reaper attack. They learn that this attack is being led by the ultimate class grim reaper Pluto. Hades has grown tired of the riots, so he was sent to deal with them. Murayama tells the group, "My Chishi Doku will still work on him. Give me an opening to strike and I will finish him off. It will take time though to get in close." Rias says, "Take all the time you need. We will buy you that time to finish him off. He is too great a threat for us not to work together." With this plan now prepared they march forward to engage the enemy.

Inside the castle

With the effect of the spearhead attack Sirzechs and much of his forces arrive inside the castle without much difficulty. Bahamut along with a portion of the forces are left outside as a precaution to protect them from attacks from behind. Sirzechs and the rest of his peerage advance into the castle. They clear one area at a time to make sure that there are no surviving grim reapers to get in the way once the battle with Hades begins. After preceding carefully little by little, the group final arrives at the throne room.

Sutr Second throws open the doors of the throne room only to be hit with a powerful attack. Lucky it has little effect on him due to his natural power and the fact the attack was flame based. Sirzechs looks in to see that there are twenty grim reapers all ultimate class gathered inside the throne room with Hades. Sirzechs says to Hades, "It would seem that you don't have that much faith in yourself having so many bodyguards." Hades replies, "On the contrary I wanted as many witnesses to your death as possible. I have no need of them to aid in the battle. You bats have no chance against me." Sirzechs smirks at him, "You know if you keep underestimating bats you are going to get bitten and die. I have come to do just that. Before long the Underworld will belong to the devils once more." Sirzechs gives the order and his peerage advances into the throne room along with what forces he has with him to engage Hades and the grim reapers that are waiting inside.

Battlefield in the streets

As Irina, Xenovia, and Kiba are battling against Zeno they notice that his scythe gives off a black light. Irina says, "It is best we don't let that thing touch us. It could be quite dangerous. Just because I am immune to poison doesn't mean that you two are." Zeno laughs at them, "Oh this is not poison. It is a curse that can never be broken. Anyone who is hit by this scythe has their life dramatically shortened. Usually I kill the target in one strike so it doesn't really matter that it has this effect though." He then rushes forward at the three. Seeing that all of them taking him on is the best choice Xenovia blocks his attack with Durandal while Irina and Kiba get behind him to strike. He easily blocks Kiba's strike from Gram. However, the force of the attack leaves him open to the strike from Irina. She hits him with Soulrend. He immediately cries out in pain as the left side of his body disappears. "What the heck did you hit me with?" he screams at Irina. Irina smiles back saying, "Oh this is Soulrend. It has the ability to damage the soul of those it hits. It would seem that it is particularly effective against grim reapers." Zeno starts to get up but Irina swings Soulrend letting out a shock-wave of its power that cuts Zeno. This kills him instantly. Before they can go and help the others these three are surrounded by grim reapers that they must fight off.