Chapter 5: The Power of a God

Inside the city by a warehouse

After informing everyone of what is going on (F/N) rushes to the city. He hears a battle going on and goes to see what is happening. He arrives to find Irina, Ravel, Mia, and Koneko fighting a giant serpent. He also sees that Lint is fighting what looks like a giant dog while Murayama and Leon are also fighting a dog-like creature. Once he has surveyed the situation quickly, not sure where these things came from, he runs over to help Murayama and Leon as they are doing the worst. When he sees (F/N) coming Leon says, "Oh thank goodness. We were in a real bind here." With the aid of (F/N), Leon and Murayama quickly dispose of the dog as it gets struck by several of (F/N)'s poison bombs slowing its movements and blinding it in one eye. This gives the couple the chance to rush in and finish it. With that done, (F/N) sends them to help Lint, while he rushes over to help against the serpent.

This serpent puts up more of a fight. (F/N) tries that same trick using poison bombs, but the serpent avoids them with ease. After several more attempts to strike the creature using his magic, (F/N) rushes in to attack with physical attacks. The serpent nearly bites him in half, but it is stopped by Koneko who rushes forward and using her strength holds its mouth open before it can shut. Seeing the perfect opening (F/N) shoots a blast of his most deadly poison in the serpent's mouth. With the deadly poison now coursing through its veins the serpent weakens and collapses before too long. Not resting on his victories (F/N) turns to see how the others are fairing with the other dog creature. He turns just in time to see them kill it.

Once the creatures have all been dealt with (F/N) asks, "What happened here? I thought you were just planning on grabbing Serafall and getting out." Irina replies, "That was our plan. However, when we arrived we could not find Serafall. We did find a man though that started laughing. He said something about us being too weak to even be worth his time. Then he summoned those creatures that you helped us fight and left." "If you ask me, he is a chicken running away like that," Lint says. Ravel next comments, "He probably figured that we were not strong enough to stand a chance, so he may as well leave." (F/N) says, "If he is in the city and attacked you then my guess is he is with the Khaos Union. We need to find him. However, stay together."

The Gusion peerage begins to search for this mystery man around the city. (F/N) comments, "Did anyone else notice that the whole city appears to be frozen over." Mia replies, "Yeah it was super annoying during the fight." (F/N) says, "One of Serafall's spells did this. My guess is that she was forced into a battle. We need to find her and fast." The group continues to search, until they come to an ally. There they find the body of Serafall with a message written in blood. It says, "I figured I may as well give you this body back. I have no use for it. She was too weak to even give me a challenge. If you think that you can actually get revenge then come find me. I will be waiting at Kuoh Academy."

"You know it is a trap (F/N)," Ravel says. Irina replies for him, "Even if it is a trap we still need to go and get revenge for Serafall." (F/N) replies, "As much as I want to, if whoever this is was strong enough to defeat her, I don't think we have a chance." Lint says, "So you are just going to let someone who killed one of your family members get away." (F/N) with a somber expression replies, "I don't want to. What I want to do is go and kill whoever did this. However, I don't want to put any of you in harm's way. As much as I want revenge I don't think we are strong enough to beat them if this person could defeat Serafall." Irina says, "We all know how much you cared for Serafall just like the rest of us. Please let us help you get revenge. We promise you that we all will survive." The girls all agree with Irina. Finally (F/N) caves and says, "Alright we will do this together. I am still not sure we can handle what is coming next, but we have to do what we can."

They send word to Sirzechs of what has happened and they move out to Kuoh Academy. When they arrive they see a man floating in the air. Lint says, "That is the same guy as before." The man seeing that he has company says, "Oh my so you made it past my servants so easily. I suppose that I will need to give you more challenging foes this time." (F/N) yells, "Who are you? Are you the one that killed Serafall." The man replies, "I am far beyond what you can defeat. I am the god Loki. As for that pitiful devil king Serafall, I killed her with a single strike while she was too busy thinking about something else. (F/N) screams, "You will pay for that!" He then launches attack after attack of magic. These attacks are meaningless. Loki laughs, "With such weaks attack, you will not be able to do any damage to me.