14.

"WHERE ALMOST THERE!"

--¤☆¤--

Tripping over a tree branch, I could see the Cornucopia in view as well as the beach. I was almost there. I'm almost there. Stumbling out of the thick brush, I collapse onto the sand spitting out all the remaining blood in my mouth. I don't care if I have to gargle salt water, I need to get rid of this taste. Gagging at the disgusting taste, I couldn't help but remember my games. The blood. The death. The kids. The kids that I killed.

Jumping off the tree branch, I harshly land on the girl's back making both of us groan and fall. Collapsing to the ground, I wrapped my arms around her neck making her nails claw at my face. Crap that hurts. Rolling us over, my back hits the ground while she lays face up into the sky. Thrashing frantically around, she scratches at my arms trying to break my grip, but I don't let go. I won't let go.

Tightening my grip on her neck, I feel her stiffening up in my grip making me relax. Thank god, this is almost over. Going to let go of her, I turn her over to her side, seeing Ares towering over me glaring at me. Like a parent would to a toddler. Throwing his axe into her head, blood gushed onto my face, with some getting into my mouth as I stared at him in shock.

Staring at my blood covered hands, I could feel fear and vomit going up my throat, but I won't let it out. I need to swallow it. Feeling my hands tremble, I could feel the shaking worsen in the rest of my body, like a cat shivering after being soaked. I need to get this blood off of me. I need it off of me. I need to get it off of me. Rubbing my hands on my jumpsuit, I could feel the harsh fabric rub against my already sensitive knuckles.

I need to get this blood off of me. I need it off of me. I need to get it off of me. Feeling Wiress's weight no longer on me, I continued to wipe my hand on my jumpsuit more frantically this time. It's not coming off. Why won't it come off? Whimpering quietly as the blood stayed on my hands, I stared at them un-moving. I need it to come off. It needs to come off.

"I told you no. But, you're welcome." Ares scolds, kicking the dead girl off of me.

"What did you do? I had her." I said, wiping my face with my jacket sleeve.

"She had a knife. I did you a favor. Also, you can't be reckless, Athena. Not here." He argued, pulling his axe out of her head making the cannon go off.

"Thanks, I guess." I huff, standing up from the ground.

"Johanna calm down." Beetee orders, trying to calm the raging brunette.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!" She shouts at him.

Shutting my eyes, I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down, I need to focus. I can't break down every time I see blood. Opening my eyes, I stop my scrubbing and just stare at my blood covered hands. I can wash them later. I need to focus right now. Looking up from my hands, I could see Johanna pointing her axe threateningly at Beetee, who had his hands up in surrender. Focus on the present. Focus Athena. Shaking away the nerves, I glanced at Wiress, who was pacing back and forth on the sand.