5.

"THAT'S MY GIRL

"THAT'S MY GIRL..."

--¤☆¤--

Holding onto Celia's arm for balance, Klaus and Milama trailed behind us carrying the miles and miles of train. Standing in front of their chariot was Katniss, petting the horse with gentle strokes, a soft smile on her face. Pulling my eyes away from Katniss, I found my eyes on Haymitch and Peeta, discussing something quietly. Most like their game plan for the parade and Games.

"Well if it isn't the stunning Victor of District Ten, Athena Grey in all her glory!" A familiar voice said, as I walked passed a small group.

"Oh, you wound me, darling!" He said, smiling at the fearful faces of Katniss and Peeta.

"And the Games didn't?" I remark back, walking up to my chariot.

"Athena Grey, District Ten. Victor of the Sixth-sixth Hunger Games. Lethal, as well as the person who saves your asses in your games." He said, as Katniss let out a small scoff.

"What do you mean?" Katniss asks, as I feel her curious stare on me.

"Who did you think convinced the Game Makers to put a bow and arrow in the games? Certainly it wasn't just yourself." Haymitch remarked, making me smile at the man.

Nodding my head, I dismissed myself from the trio, ready to get this whole parade shit over with. Walking up to the chariot, I started to pet the horse as it neighed in delight at my touch. It was like the ones at home. Petting it's mane, it tucks its head into my hand making me smile softly at the action. I always preferred animals over people.

"Babes!" A loud voice shouted, distracting me from the horse.

Turning my head, I smiled as Johanna ran up to me at full speed along with Finnick trailing behind her. Giggling at the sight of their outfits, I smiled as Johanna nearly tripped over her obnoxiously ugly so called 'gown'. Johanna was dressed up in a long green gown that looked like it was tree bark with leaves and mini tree branches sticking out from the sides. While Finnick was dressed in a skirt made out of rope and seashells that barely covered his lower region.

"Johanna! Finn!" I said, smiling at the pair.

"We got your letters. Is it true?" Finnick asked, hugging me tightly.

"Keep your voices down but yes, Snow visited me before the announcement of the Quell. He talked about the Quell as well as hinting at the fact that there are tensions with the Capitol and Districts." I said, as Johanna smirked at me.

"Really? That's amazing!" She said, smiling at the thought of rebellion.

"Johanna, you shouldn't say things like that." I said, shooting her look of disapproval.

"Who cares? They can't hurt me anymore, they already put everyone I care about in the Games again." She said, scoffing at me.

"J, I know that you don't like this but just don't say anything that can get you in trouble." I said, giving her a stern look.