14.

"FINNICK'S ALIVE

"FINNICK'S ALIVE.."

--¤☆¤--

Sitting on his bed, Finnick let out a small whimper as Hermes paced back and forth in place, nerves eating at the both of them. Beetee had contacted both of them at least an hour ago, saying that something interesting popped up in the Capitol's network. With the lack of details and the stress of Athena being in the Capitol, they could only guess and assume the worst. She was dead. Dead dead this time.

"I need a beer or⎯FUCK! THEY CAN'T KEEP US OUT OF THE DARK!" Hermes breaks, before hitting the sides of his head as he struggles to cool his anxiety.

"What do you think? Is she dead?" Finnick asks, untying his knot.

"I don't know⎯no, the Capitol wouldn't do that. She's too important. Right? Right?" Hermes said, trying to reassure Finnick; but it sounded like he was trying to reassure himself more than Finnick.

Tugging at his hair, Hermes stops pacing and starts to tap his foot against the floor, trying not to burst into tears. Shaking his head, he tried not to let his thoughts wander, but it was hard to when he was left out of the light. He knew her like he knew the back of his hand. Sure, he didn't get to see her as often as he would want to. But those quick moments that they saw each other, was better than him thinking that she was dead. At least then, he could check her pulse.

"Do you think that they found her? Maybe that's what they have to say to us?" Finnick said, trying to rationalize.

"I⎯I don't know. Hopefully, but wouldn't they tell Haymitch this? Or Katniss?" Hermes said, making Finnick's hopes fall.

"I⎯" Finnick said, his eyes tearing up.

"She needs to be okay. Carrie needs her. Thalia needs her. Damian needs her. Hell, we need her." Hermes whispers, his hands shaking uncontrollable.

Sucking on his bottom lip, Hermes starts to scratch at his wrist, rubbing the skin even more raw than before. Hissing at the draw of blood, he stops scratching and starts to tap his foot, in an attempt to keep himself distracted. Hearing the door open, both Finnick and Hermes turn to it with hopeful looks, the buzzing of their heartbeats and nerves echoing in their ears.

"No time to talk. Let's just get into it, okay?" Beetee said, wheeling himself into the room with something on his lap. It looked like a laptop or tablet of some kind.

"Beetee what's happened? You gotta talk to me, man." Hermes begs, as Beetee scoots closer; lifting up the laptop.

"I⎯Fine. Three days ago, there was something different about the Capitol's regular broadcasting. It was labelled 'Special Interview with a Ghost'. I⎯I didn't think much of it, thought it was some shitty new show. That was until I watched the first few seconds." He said, turning on the laptop and typing something on it.