PROLOGUE

POWERS. That's the last thing I believed that do exist. When I was a child, my mom keeps on telling me stories about fantasy and supernatural things before I fell asleep. She always asks me if I believe in it. My answer was always no. I presumed that there's no magical staff. It was all fictional and definitely will not have any probability of existence.

That's what I thought until that incident happened. I was 15 years old at that time when I discovered something. Me, who doesn't believe that superpowers do exist, possessed one. And I discovered it in the worse scene possible.

I perceived my power after I did something terrible. We're eating dinner at that time and I expect my dad to scold me or compare me to my sister like what he's always doing but to my surprise, he didn't. And what surprises me more is he rebuked her favorite daughter which he never did before. Astrid, my sister, didn't know how to react. She and I never get along well. She's the favorite daughter and I am not, so she was as shocked as me and we're both wondering why dad scolded her instead of me.

She devastatingly cried because she never experienced being scolded by dad before. She, therefore, put all the blame on me. I don't know what she thinks of me at that time. Why is she blaming her only sister? Shouldn't she be asking Dad why he said that to her instead of me?

I just shook my head, trying to get off the queries inside it. She was furious and it shows by the way she glared at me. It made me timorous.

So after dinner, I instantly went to my room out of nervousness. My sister briskly followed me inside. She locked the door after entering and cursed me at the top of her lungs. I became agitated upon seeing how angry she was. But what bothered me more was the one she's holding right now.

She has a knife on her hand and I don't know what she's planning to do! Why is she holding a knife? Is she going to kill me? Why would she? I didn't do anything wrong! I literally don't know what to do at that time, I was transfixed.

Astrid was laughing like she was possessed by some demons when she saw how scared I am. She stopped after a minute and immediately threw the knife in my direction. I closed my eyes out of fear while my hands were covering my face.

I thought the sharp knife was coming to my direction rapidly. I waited for it to come and lunge on me but surprisingly, it didn't. I wondered so I opened my eyes to check what happened and why. I don't know how it unsued or who made it that way but the knife stopped mid-way along with my sister who is now standing still and not moving even a bit.

I don't know what caused me to think of it that way... maybe I was hurt, I was mad at her or I feel betrayed but I gazed at the knife and I imagined that it was repelled to my sister's direction. Till what I imagine came true.

I shockingly gazed at my sister that's now lying on the floor, full of blood. The knife was thrust into her unconscious body. I came back to my senses after seeing that. What have I done!? I repeatedly asked myself. I absolutely don't know how it happened. And I'm trying so hard to ignore the fact that I'm the one who did that so I stared at my hands instead, blaming it for what had transpired.

The door opened and I didn't heed that dad was now yelling at me, asking what did I do. A tear fell off my eyes. I tried explaining and defending myself but he didn't hear me out. Instead, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed the police. I was dazed at that time and all I think of is that... I don't want to be in jail. So I ran away.

I have no idea what would happen next. I just found myself...

Darting from Reality.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°