~ Chapter 12 ~

*** Abuse warning ***

Shehnaaz...... he whispered fearfully.

She was scared. She was scared of him. She was scared that he'd hit her. These were the thoughts revolving in his mind...

Shehnaaz baby idhar dekh.....

Meri jaan idhar dekh.... He said gently lifting her chin with finger.

Shehnaaz looked into his eyes.

Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. Sidharth saw pain and hurt in her eyes which looked like it had been suppressed. Not healed....

Shehnaaz..... He whispered his voice breaking. He lightly pulled her towards himself. And pulled her into a hug.

He rested his chin on her head while she sobbed continuously in his chest.

Ss : shhh Shehnaaz it's okay.... Shh baby please ro mat..... Please Shehnaaz shaant ho ja...... You're safe... Nothing's gonna happen... Baby we all are here... Meri jaan please ro mat.....

He was continuously whispering this into her ears. He was gently caressing her head and he himself had tears in his eyes.

He separated himself from her and held her face in his hands gently as if he didn't want to break her. 

Ss : shehnaaz you know i'd never ever hurt you. I couldn't even even think about it. I'd rather die than hurt you.

Shehnaaz covered his mouth with her hand 

S: aise mat bol please.

he took her hands in his

Ss : tujhe pata hai na mein tujhpe haath nahi utha sakta ? haina ?

shehnaaz nodded.

Ss: phir? tujhe aisa kyun laga ki mein tujhe maarne wala hoon ? his voice and heart breaking , seeing his little bundle of happiness get scared of him. 

Shehnaaz lightly kept her hand on his cheek.

S: sidharth...... Aisa kuch nahi hai. wo mein bus..... mein bus dar gayi thi she said looking down. Tears falling into her lap. 

He made her look into her eyes.

Ss: toh baby bata na ka hua...... Please? he said as a tear fell from his eyes.

S: theek hai. 

Both of them sat on the ground, facing each other , her hands in his

//

flash back :

6 years back : 

A dark room with a single bulb :

S: please mein kisi ko nahi bataya please mujhe mat maaro please said a 21 year old shehnaaz crying.

Ayush : TOH UNHE KAISE PATA CHALA HAAN?

He slapped shehnaaz tightly across the face.

A: tune hi unhe bola hoga na ki mein tujhe maarta hoon? Aur kaun bolega?? bata??

S: aayush meine sacchi mein kuch nahi bataya please she screamed.

A: ek to tumne pehle unhe bataya, upar se ab jhooth . Tujhe saza toh milegi. 

He removed his belt from his pant while she backed off towards a wall.

she was continuously  asking him to spare her backing against a wall , her eyes bloodshot and tears spilling from them.